When we planned our trip to Vancouver to check out all the Olympic hubbub, one of the things I was looking forward to was picking up a pair of the Olympic mittens that everyone in Canada was sporting. Well, as you know we never made it up to Canada on the first try because of the accident, but when we went that next weekend, all of the adult mittens were sold out! Believe me, I dragged my family to the department store where you can stand in line just to get into the store to browse at all of the Olympic wear. When we got in, the rumors were correct. The mittens were sold out. I was bummed, but it was definitely not the end of the world.
Two weeks later, my mother and father-in-law came to visit us. They had just been to Arizona the weekend of our accident and met some ladies at the airport that were coming back from the Olympics. They got talking to them and told them our story. After the flight, one of the ladies came up to Daron's mom, Mary, and gave her a pair of the red mittens. She said that she had bought an extra pair and wanted to give them to us. Wow-thank you! I hadn't even told Mary that I wanted them and it was an amazing 'little thing' that meant something larger to not only Mary(she was so touched by this ladies' generosity to strangers), but it meant SO much to each of my family members when they surprised us with them last week. My kids knew how much I wanted them. They knew we searched for them. They saw how the little things really can be huge blessings and make us smile.
3 comments:
Love this-the little things in life are the best! Sounds like great times :-)
I love that you got the mittens..you deserve the blessing of the "desire of your heart"...love the pictures...Justus looks so much older in this one!You are so blessed!
Miss you!
I was in Vancouver too, and stood in the line for the store only to find they were out of adult sized mittens.
Post a Comment