It's spring break over here right now so we gathered a group of
AAI-Ghana families from Washington to meet up. Look at all the kids! This is only three families-ha!- with one of mine missing, as well as two kids that aren't even home yet from Ghana to their forever
tribe! This family has been riding a roller coaster with the last part of their adoption and these two beautiful kids have been waiting and riding it even longer to come home, so please keep them in your prayers to get all the glitches worked out and visas in hand. This family is more than ready to be reunited!


We were planning on meeting up at a Ghanaian restaurant together in Tacoma and tasting some familiar dishes. Unfortunately, I was the 'planner' of this group and I can confidently say that I won't be going into the meeting planning business anytime soon(at least I won't have any positive references!) I picked a restaurant, read the reviews (one even from this month, mind you!), called and left a message about the size of our group, BUT I never heard back from them and when I pulled up at the restaurant-IT WAS SHUTDOWN!!! Ugh. I went next door and the shop said that they closed down two weeks ago and opened something else in Seattle. Oh boy, I thought-one of the families that we were meeting just drove a couple hours -30 minutes past Seattle to come here. I felt bad. So....what to do with 12 kids and 6 adults? The Spaghetti Factory!
We had a great time connecting with the two families. As I said, one family was still waiting for their children from Ghana and the other had brought home their daughter a couple months ago. Fia and Kwame actually hadn't met this beautiful friend yet from the same orphanage since they had missed each other by a couple of weeks. They did have shared Aunties though and many friends, so it was and will be a great connection to have. Plus, her family is pretty cool too. You know, I would have loved to get a picture of them, but they are camera shy and skeptical of getting on the blog. I guess Mr. & Mrs. K just didn't want to become Blogstars today! ;)
(just giving them a hard time) 
As you can tell, Fia didn't want to be in the picture. I take that back, she just didn't want to smile. So, I just told her NOT to smile and then that's when the smile came. I am SO in for it with her!
9 comments:
Sounds like a fun day ... even if the planned restaurant did shut down. Too weird!
I waitressed at the Tacoma Spaghetti Factory for 6 years. Cool memories of that great restaurant.
Hugs!
Laurel :)
It was crazy that it had shut down, but the S.F. was good. I think we surprised them though with our big group! That is fun that you worked there.
Hugs back your way!
K
wow- so much fun. Sorry we missed it. Cort will be in Seattle area this summer (me NEXT summer) and I hope that you guys can overlap. Can't wait to give your kiddos big hugs again.
Ghanaingly yours,
Amanda
We just went to a Ghanaian restaurant in Seattle that was awesome!! It was like we were back in Ghana. My Ghana kids were sooo happy, they ate Goat soup, Kelewele, Waakye (rice and beans), Shitto, Yum Yum Yum!
They were dancing around they were so happy.
The restaurant is right across from Key Arena West Gate.
http://www.kwataylounge.com/
Lanae
Lanae-I think that she actually moved up to that restaurant. I was debating between going to the two, but chose her old one I guess. Not sure if they own it or if she is just the cook, but that was the name. I had done a post on the one you went to, so I am glad it turned out great! Did you go for lunch or dinner?
Kristen-We went for lunch. It's not fancy and oddly smells, looks and feels like Ghana. The food was good, but just like Ghana they seemed caught off guard and it took a while to get the food. I would love to meet you guys there sometime if you go. It was a great experience. A Ghana friend of mine just ate at a Tacoma Ghana restaurant, I'll ask him where.
Lanae
What fun picture! Can't wait to see two more of the "tribe" included! Charmaine
Kristin,
thank you for the fun news; I love hearing about your family that I adore. May God continue to open doors of blessing and may you feel his loving hand. xoxo
Tanna
That's so fun. Wish we knew some more adoptive families here.
Post a Comment