...as well as our own Easter Basket Hunt at our home.
Oh, and Fia lost her second tooth for an even bigger adorable toothless grin!
But...it did almost break me!
Spring break is now over and I am hoping we are going back to life as usual! What is that again? Gosh, I don't want to complain, but it has been aWHILE since life seemed usual or normal. Ever since our accident on February 20th (that date is etched in my brain from signing it on numerous forms now), our life has been busier than normal.
Why? Well, each person has been to the regular doctor at least once, plus a couple extra appts. for ear infections and a new one that I will have to post about later: photosensitivity??!! Then, for many weeks we were all going to the chiropractor at least three times a week and now just last week it has dwindled a bit. Daron and I are still there three times each week, along with massage twice/week, and physical therapy 1-2times a week! In between those appts., we have both been trying to work, keep the house up inside and out, entertain, hang with the Chapman's (ha!),plan out an Easter service, and walk ALOT (we still haven't found a vehicle to replace the van, so I have been walking or borrowing cars as I refuse to drive 'Big Red'-the beast-plus it only fits 6).
Oh, and just in case we weren't about to go crazy already, a new curve ball was thrown at us a week ago when I was getting the kids ready for bed. I moved a beanbag around in the boys room and found MOLD!! Yep, nothing small of course, but a 2-3 foot area that was covered in black, fuzzy mold. I literally thought about how to best give the news to Daron for fear he may run out of the house. The next 5 nights after we put the kids to bed, Daron worked late in the room, and we moved EVERYTHING out; then he took two walls out to check for more mold and moisture. He eventually found the problem outside that made the water come up through the cement floor and the padding and carpet was really wet, so that had to go too. Luckily, there was no mold in the walls, so after everything is dry, we can get the dry wall back up and get some new carpet-ugh! Too bad the carpet wasn't even 5 years old. Oh well. Then, two nights ago, we realized the carpet in the girls closet was wet too, but we waited until after Easter(today) to do anything more. Luckily, I think it won't be a big deal in there and we just need to dry some of it out.
So, I haven't been quiet because life has been dull over here. I just haven't posted for fear of having a nervous breakdown when thinking about it anymore. Honestly, the little things are definitely adding up and bringing me down. I hate that 'things' have an effect on me, so I have really been trying to look at the positives and not dwell in all of this, but it doesn't always work. I have to say that I did form a smile when Daron came inside with the door handle from his truck. Yep. It broke off, so you might just find him climbing in and out of his window like the good 'ole Duke boys! ;)
When it all comes down to everything, I am blessed with our lives, our family, our home. I just want to add onto that our CAR!! I think it will really help when I have a car again. Just kidding. Not really. Maybe? Either way, prayer would be appreciated!
8 comments:
Ah Kristin, that is a whole lot of stuff going on for you and yours. Sure hope things start to level out and go smoother. Also, hoping a miracle car delivers itself to you ASAP! The good news is- your kids look super happy in all those pics, so you've got that going for you! :)
Fabu
Hi friend,
Sorry to have been away...we have been traveling. I still am amazed and so thankful you ALL came out of that accident. I am sorry you are still having to deal with it physically, financially and mentally.
I'm jealous :) (but happy for you all) that you got to have some Ghanian friends time. I wish we weren't so far away. We actually traveled through Seattle the next day...but by then it had already happened.
MOLD!!! That would put me over the edge and has...someday, remind me to tell you about mushrooms growing in our carpet (about 8 years ago)...that was enough for me to pour myself a couple glasses of wine midday :)
Praying and praising that the super awesome Jag family is still with us.
Tami
Hi Kristin,
So sorry for what you all have been dealing with.. I had wondered about the after-affects of the accident. Did I ever tell you that my 8 children and I had 105 doctors appts. in just 5 weeks ... after we were hit by a semi-truck? So. Not. Fun.
Mold? Yikes! Not good! Glad you got it figured out pretty quickly.
Hope you get a new van real soon.
My kids and I have to move off-island next week ... leaving Papa and the teens here. So, we will be looking to make a lot of fun day trips, and just might need to head your way for a visit. :)
May your day be BLESSED!
Laurel :)
dearest Kristen,
I hear your heart, I feel it too, I really do....I love you, praying for you, so ever thankful for you in my life--even though time doesn't allow us "moments".
xoxo,
Tanna
Hi Kristen - I JUST received the bags and they should be printed and ready to order by the end of the week or early next week. I will comment again when they are up on the site.
I look forward to checking out your blog!
Thanks!
Marisa Butterworth
Wow that is a lot!
Hoping things return to normal although my Mama declares that normal is only a setting on the dryer.
Your family is so beautiful!
Ugh, hang in there. Sounds like instead of a bit of rain you are in the midst of a monsoon, hang in there. Praying-
JJ
Hi there - Me again :) The totes will be ready tomorrow and I added the button to my blog. Thanks for your interest!
Marisa
Post a Comment