Literally minutes after I wrote the last blog post, I got a call from my mom saying that Mary Beth had called and said that Steven was going to come to town later in the week and we should meet up then so we could meet him too. I was so excited. It isn't too often that you get to meet people like the Chapman's in a casual setting, and not standing in line waiting for an autograph. I was thrilled that we would be able to meet them both and tell them how thankful we were for the role that they have played in our lives.
We decided to meet at a park and it was perfect. When they walked up, it was amazing how laid back and REAL they were. There was no part about them that said, " I am a Christian Rockstar or I am the wife of a Christian Rockstar!" They were friendly, genuine, down to earth, open, interested in our story, humble, and their love for God and their family oozed out of them. I was impressed, and so was the rest of the family. God works in very mysterious ways and it was amazing to see how God gave us a special present by being able to meet and thank them for loving orphans and financially helping us bring Fia and Kwame home through Show Hope.
I have to say that I am so thankful for my mom. Without her, this never would have happened. She genuinely cares about people and truly loves to get to know the people she meets out in the community and who come into her work. She is a great conversationalist and I think it is so awesome that God also blessed her in this instance by meeting a family who she respects and has followed musically for many years.
Wow! What a special day. I know I am not explaining it half as well as how it really felt for me. God was definitely there and it will impact me for many years. Daron, the kids, and I will forever remember our conversation. It was a God thing and I can't wait for Fia and Kwame to understand the significance of the meeting as they get older.
(btw, the kids did ask for their autographs in the end. Greta was most interested in Mary Beths!And Ella was excited to hear more about his CinderELLA song he wrote for his daughter's wedding. When we got home and she heard it again, she said, 'Oh, this is him? I didn't know he sang THAT song'-as it is one we often hear on the radio)
12 comments:
How cool! Sounds like a very special time.
This is amazing. It says so much that they took an afternoon of their own time. And then it sounds like the time together was such a blessing for them too. Amazing how God works like this...
I'm going to have to play some SCC...I'm diving in! (that was the hot cd when I was in college...)
How wonderful! Our family has always been big fans of the Chapmans,not just because of the music but more so because of the message of faith and love they continually have shared with others. I'm glad you got to meet them and spend time with them. We've always said that if we could adopt we'd want to go through their ministry. What a testimony their lives have been to the world!
Ohh I am SOOO jealous! HOW COOL was that?!?! Awesome experience for you and your family; one you definitely won't forget!
Doesn't get much cooler than that!
Kristen!!! Amazing. Having gotten a grant from them too, I've often thought if I run into him here in town I would probably just burst into tears... I am cracking up because when you said Chapman, I kept thinking.. whose on the yahoo group named Chapman from Nashville. LOL!!! I am so happy you guys got to meet!!
That is amazing and such a special time! One you will never forget! :)
Wow! How cool! I have always loved SCC's music, and prayed for them so many times after the death of their daughter. I read Mary Beth's blog, and love how REAL she is.
So ... two questions ..
1. WHAT were they doing in your little town in the middle of nowhere???
2. Why didn't you invite me? (Just kidding)
What an awesome blessing for you and your family!
Laurel :)
Such an amazing opportunity! What fun! Hey your comment about the Cinderella song reminded me. Has Ella read the book Ella Enchanted? It came out when I was in High School it's a pretty fabulous retelling of Cinderella.
Laurel-Sorry I didn't invite you! What was I thinking??? ;) Mary Beth was just taking some time alone to work on her book and Steven came out to visit at the end of her trip. Kind of fun that they were in our neck of the woods.
Carrie-I will have to suggest that book to her. The girls have seen the movie I think, but of course the book is probably better. Thanks for the suggestion.
You have always been coool but now you are like Rockstar Cool! Thanks for sharing. We love SCC and it's great to hear he is as awesome as we think.
How wonderful! What a fun experience.
Blessings,
Debbie
Post a Comment