Friday, March 20, 2009

Reprimanded by a 6 year old(For Women Only)

Tonight we are going to one of the auctions I mentioned in the post below. I am also working all day today, so I had to pick out something that would work for a night out and for a children's boutique. Sure, I could have brought a change of clothes, but that is too much work.

Anyway....Ella came in when I was getting ready and I had my ***MEN: Close your eyes*** black, skirt slip on. She looked at me kind of funny and said, "Mom, that skirt is TOO short. Are you really going to wear that??!!!" (Coughing and trying not to laugh)...well, yes Ella, I said, but under my other skirt. "Good, I don't think that looks real good." Ha! I appreciate your help, Ella, but I wonder if your dad would say the same thing?! ;) I will make sure I remind you of this when/if your skirts ever look too short to me!

Thankfully though, I am glad she has a sense of style& class as well as a standard of dress for her mom.

3 comments:

annika said...

OH, I love this story! When I was 8 my mom got a very stylish haircut and I told her she couldn't come to my class to help make birdhouses because she 'didn't look like my mom'!

Deborah said...

I had to come by for a visit and see your new little ones at home! Maybe it won't be long now for us. I enjoyed reading several of your posts, and really appreciate the post about the doctor visit. Their one month picture was just beautiful, and I'll be checking out the headbands. That's a really pretty way to fix Fia's hair. Way to go on raising a modest daughter !! That post made me smile. Our oldest son is the watch dog around here.
Have a blessed Lord's Day.

Heather said...

That is some great ammo for ten years down the road!