
Just thought I would post a picture as proof that Daron and I are still getting out a little on dates. I am sure that there are some of you that would
love to adopt and have a
handful of kids(literally), but the
only thing that is holding you back is that you are scared that you wouldn't get to go on a date ever again! I am hear to tell you that it can be done as we have gone on three dates in the last 6 weeks since bringing home the little ones. Granted...all of our date nights seem to be going to auctions and my mom is single handedly the super woman that babysits our kids(a flashback thanks also goes to my mom-in-law when she visited). Today my mom took the little ones so that I could go and start working out again at the athlethic club and get some work done in the house without anyone asking for a snack. It is sad, but I haven't fully unpacked from Ghana-I KNOW, it was 6 weeks ago, but it is just so boring to put away unused medicines, energy bars, extra bandaids...gosh, am I lazy or what??? Anyway, I am here to say thanks to my mom for helping to keep the local schools funded at their auctions and to keep the sizzle in our marriage! I think we will need to give her a date night soon! ;)
4 comments:
I too have a whole new appreciation for my mother and mother-in-law for their willingness to hang out with their grandkids all at once and for giving up a quiet relaxing evening at home to play super grandparent :) Good for you all for taking time for the two of you. It is something SO important as you continue down the journey of adoption.
As for the unpacked bags-guess it wasn't important since you haven't needed any of that stuff for the last weeks-and if it helps our bags didn't completely get unpacked for weeks as well-too many to count actually. But I think that means our priorities must be in the right place-spending time with our kids and going on dates and of course dragging them to get shots ;)
When I went to Haiti last September my bags weren't fully unpacked until after the first of the year. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who does this.
Kristin - we have also found time to go on dates. The sad part is that we usually end up running errands on those dates (Target, Sam's Club, Home Depot)! Oh well, we still get to spend time together! I'm glad you have such a great support system there.
You've got a great excuse for not unpacking - two toddlers!
You are blessed to have loving grandmas in your children's lives. Oh how I wish that my children knew the love of a grandmother. (And, how nice it would have been to have free childcare when all of my kids were little. We used to have to hire 2 babysitters at a time for our once a month date night.)
Blessings,
Laurel
Post a Comment