Monday, August 11, 2008

July- Part II

July and August(almost) have come and gone and I can't believe that I didn't ever update my blog since Justus's birthday. We had so much fun having our close friends and family visit during the month, that I just didn't make this a priority. I am sorry for those of you that check regularly(all three of you!), that I have been a bit of a bore. Oh well!

To recap, we got to have my wonderful friend, Jenn, and her adorable three boys come and visit for a few days. Jenn is such a special friend to me that I made after the first year of living here. Unfortunately, she moved away last year, so we haven't been able to share in the day to day life as much as I was hoping. I am just so appreciative though for her and how God has used her in my life-what a blessing she has been in my life and how fun to be able to re-connect!


Our dear friends, Mike & Becky, and their kiddos also came to visit us for a few days in July. We had so much fun with them going to the beach, walking around Seattle, hitting a Mariners game(6 of us even got haircuts there-for real!!), tea for the girls, and golf and fishing for the boys! What an amazing time we had; we felt so special that they took a family vacation out here just to hang with us. Our kids are all around the same age and our "Ella's" are only two days apart! The kids got along beautifully-they are truly much more like family to us. We have shared so much of our lives together already as we went to college together, Daron worked at camp with them, double dates, we were in each other's weddings, and the kids have grown up seeing each other at least once a year even though we live apart. I am very thankful for such great friends!!




No comments: