Sunday, August 24, 2008

5+1=6...BUT 5+2=7!!!!

Yep! It is official. The Jag's have a referral for a little boy.....and he has an adorable sister! We are so thrilled here and can't wait to meet our new children. Ahh! We are going to be a family of 7!!! I was trying to make our family number even, but this is how we roll! We still have a few months in the process until we can bring them home, but we wanted to let you know about our new additions as soon as we could. Our little guy is 2.5 yrs. old and as cute as can be. He has got the cutest little smile and by the look in his eyes, will be able to keep up with his big brother and sisters. Our little girl is 3.5 yrs. and just has the most beautiful eyes! Ughh- I just want to squeeze them both!

I just wanted to let you know how blessed we feel to be bringing these children into our home. Thanks SO much for all your prayers and thoughts during the last year while we have been awaiting a referral. As soon as we can post pictures, we will. But until our case goes to court in Ghana, I can't post it on the blog. (If you want me to send you a picture- this proud mom will eagerly do that)!

(Sorry I didn't call everyone today, but we wanted to share as soon as we could and didn't have enough hours in the day to call anyone except immediate family)

We love you and would appreciate your continued prayers!!!

14 comments:

Angela said...

Kristin,

I can't WAIT to see pictures of your new children...please email them! I continue to pray with you all as this waiting process goes on and on...

Blessings and love,
Angela Meek

Amy said...

Congrats again Kristin and Family!!!

Your AAI family couldn't be happier for you and having met them personally, I just hope I can pass on to anyone that reads about them just how precious they really are! These 2 could not be ANY cuter!

Amy Fabu

Becca Groves said...

OH MY WORD!!! You have got me all teary here in Minnesota. I am thrilled for you guys and cannot imagine the joy you must be feeling right now! What an faithful and exciting God we serve! I'm one of the three that check your blog daily (obviously there are more) and did miss you all of July and August. I cannot wait for more updates. We're praying all goes smoothly with paperwork and travel plans! SEVEN IS SO FUN!!!
WhaaaaHooooo!
Joyfully,
Becca Groves

Thomas said...

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

kristin

thanks for sharing your truly exciting news with us. we are so so happy for you all. how exciting that as you awaited patiently for one, that all along, God was planning on blessing you with two. His timing and plan is always better than we ever imagine.

i read your entire blog tonight. it is so fun. you are so missed and such a special family.

i am sorry about the pain and uncertainty that justus has been facing. he is in our prayers and please keep us posted.

i really can't believe that justus is already 9. i always forget how close in age he is to madeline.

say hello to your parents for us.

hugs to each of you. and many thanks for sharing the fantastic news.

merz family

Jen said...

Yea!! The post I have been waiting for! Congrats my friend! I am so excited for you all! What a blessing these two beautiful children will be to your family! How wonderful will the rest of the journey be now that you know who you are brining home!!

Jennine

Ericka said...

Congratulations on your referral! Rejoicing with you and your family :)

Erika Haub said...

Kristin,

What fantastic news! I am sitting here in Tillamook, Oregon where we are visiting with Doug's mom, and we too share a desire to add to our family of five through adoption (though we have no clue how or when), so it was with great joy that I read this post. Praise God for his perfect will and timing and grace in bringing these precious ones to your family.

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you guys!! That is wonderful news. Congratulations. We can't wait to see pictures and hear more.
Love, Brooke & Pete

Sara said...

Woo hoo! Congrats. That is terrific news. So happy for all of you and for those two kids who are joining such a great family!

Chalene said...

It has happened! You excepted the two cutest at Eban House (except for my new nephew!). I am so excited for you and now we get to cheer you on! You go JAGS!
Chalene

Anonymous said...

Jag family,
I am so happy for you all :) How exciting to have 2 additions to your wonderful family!
I will absolutely keep you in my prayers!
Love, Maureen

Lindahl News 2 said...

What delightful, happy news! Here's to everything in the upcoming process going seamlessly and FLAWLESSLY!

The Atkins Family said...

Woo Hoo!!! Rob mentioned this was a possibility but now it's real! I can't wait to meet them. Wow, God just had a different plan. How fun is that?! I love his surprises. Congrats to you all!