Monday, August 25, 2008

Cyber Shower!

I have to tell you that I am at a cyber shower right now!! My cyber friends from AAI have thrown me a shower to celebrate our referral. I am so blessed to have this group to go through all the ups and downs and ins and outs of adopting from Ghana. Jennine is throwing it and she is just hilarious! She told everyone to bring recipes to share and assured us that we wouldn't gain any weight from it since there wouldn't be any real food! She also asked anyone to shares stories of our two little ones if they have already met them and people are giving advice on what to bring to Ghana and what not to bring. I asked if there was hot water so I could make some espresso. Well?........it is important to me!! I think the three biggest things that were mentioned to bring was toilet paper, a watch (I don't own one anymore now that I carry my phone everywhere), and some sort of cereal or granola bars. Well, I better get back to the shower in case there are still some people I need to mingle with....

4 comments:

Jen said...

Hey on bringing the watch- I have to say, no one is on time anyway (they are on Ghana time) so it does not make too much of a difference!! :-) If you have a Ghana cell phone, that has the time so don't go get a watch for this only as you may not need it.

I am sure you can also borrow our phone. Leanne will use it next so you can borrow it after that. I already have lots of numbers programmed in for you including Augustine my sweet taxi driver.

Jennine

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind but I invited Becky to your shower ;-)

Amy said...

I had a great time at your shower, but those Cyber margaritas gave me a killer cyber headache this morning. ;)

Congrats again on your wonderful news!

Fabu

Kristin said...

Thanks again for the shower, ladies! I have to say, another great thing about this is that I don't have any thank you cards to write for presents! I think cyber showers are the new black!