(new sweater she brought me from Hot Mama)
When I was 15, I went to work for the summer at Covenant Harbor Bible Camp in Lake Geneva, WI. I had been going there as a child for a week of summer camp and family camp almost every year since I was 8. It was such a special place for me; I could hardly wait to work there! That summer, and the ones following it, I met some of the best friends I will have for the rest of my life! I am so thankful for how God shaped me those summers by giving me such amazing relationships. My friend Megan, is one of the very special people that God brought me that 1st summer. We lived together in a little bungalow (upper compounds) with Sara, Kristina, Julie, and Amy- and we really bonded(Lenore and Heather came later). Megan and I only lived a half hour away from each other during the school year, so many weekends we got together in high school and college. It was so nice to have each other to hold one another accountable when it seemed nearly impossible in high school. We can look back now and laugh at boys we used to like, clothes we used to wear, and the way we used to make drive-by's(both at home, Lake Geneva, and in the McDonalds drive throughs)!
Last month, Megan and her son came out to visit us for a few days. I felt so honored to have them come since we are both so busy with life and our our families now. (Not to mention her amazing company that she and her husband started a few years ago (http://www.shopmama.com/). I had such a good time reconnecting and just hanging out! We haven't had but more than a meal together in the last 10 years, so it meant the world to me. It was also so special to watch our children play together. We missed her wonderful husband and daughter, but I was so thrilled to see us, almost 20 years later, with our families hanging out and living life together. Thanks for coming Megan!
1 comment:
Hi... I am new to your blog and just read the bit about Covenant Harbor Bible Camp. I went there for a couple of summers in 6th and 7 th grade ( I think... a long time ago) what amazing memories!
Thanks!
Post a Comment