Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Shoot

sidenote: for those that need history as to why Toyota sent a crew to our house, it is mostly because of making it out alive from our accident back in February(click here). I also wrote something little about it on the 'adoptionmama' blog I do for the stores Hot Mama-( see here). Then, the kids wrote thank you notes to them and the President of Toyota responded to Greta's(click here and here) ...and that should bring you up to speed.

Today was super fun but exhausting. The crew showed up at 8am and they were ready to roll-literally! I think there were at least 4-5 cars that came, including the truck below, so it looked pretty exciting on our street. Everyone was so friendly and the kids had a great time with their new 'friends.' The girls especially had fun getting their hair and make-up done! If you see them, I am sure they will love to tell you all about it. Justus and Daron weren't too excited about this part, but they obliged and looked great. Actually, Justus was lucky enough to get away without make up and I am sure he will tell you that too.



After the hair and make-up, they took turns interviewing most of us about ourselves and the accident. The kids did a great job, even though it could have been hard to relive everything, and they seemed to focus on the positive so it was neat to see. Greta, of course, was in her element, so it was no surprise there that she had the longest interview of the kids.


Justus had fun checking out all the cameras and the gear. They had fun learning about everything and really just enjoyed the experience.



Ella and Fia also did a great job and they had fun looking at the footage after the fact and seeing themselves on camera.

Throughout the day, they also got footage of us doing everyday stuff in the kitchen, at the table, playing outside and then going for a walk downtown. At lunch, we took a break and they treated the whole crew and our family to take-out from a favorite restaurant in town-that was a nice bonus.
They ended up calling it a wrap around dinner and heading out. The footage will most likely just be used at some in-house gatherings for the company, but they plan to send us the footage and the final project. We really had a great time and what was most important was that we got to thank the company that made a car that really did help to save our lives. And for that, we are grateful!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Your life is so fun!!! I have loved hearing about this.
Kely

megan said...

What? They didn't take all 7 of you to the restaurant for lunch? And where are the pictures of you getting your hair and make up done?

Kristin said...

It was fun Kelly- I miss you! Megan, I know, didn't they want to go out with all of us? haha. Actually, we weren't even the biggest mass-they had about 12 people here with them, so with all of us, we were almost 20.

Anonymous said...

The MONKEY made it in the photo shoot... makes me feel like I am in it with you guys! I love that Monkey and I love that Greta still loves that Monkey! You guys are so cute and with all the fun surrounding the accident we are all truly blessed you all are here with us! God is so wonderful.

randi