Thursday, September 9, 2010
Our Adoption Agency
I know I have a link on the side of my blog, but in case you were curious and haven't noticed it before, the adoption agency we went with to bring Fia and Kwame home is Adoption Advocates International. You can find them at www.adoptionadvocates.org and they are commonly referred to as AAI. Right now, they are starting up three new programs, called pilot programs, from countries they haven't worked with before. If you are interested in adoption, this might be of interest to you. Check out their blog post (here) about all their new programs.
Labels:
adoption
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi Jag family, My name is Keri. I've been following your blog (amazing family) ever since my two daughters traveled to Ofaakor, Ghana to work in an orphanage there. We're curious about the possibility of adopting a child from the particular orphanage they worked in. Do you know anything about weather or not a couple can request a certain child to adopt or is the only process acceptable is to have a child matched to you/chosen by Ghanaian officials? (If my question even makes sense?) If you have time (haha)to talk or write, let me know. I have tons of questions. Maybe contacting your agency would be the best resource? Thanks so much.
ps
My email address is keri@thebullocks.com.
Where do you guys live? -um, if you don't mind my asking. If so, just ignore! I understand.
Hi,
My name is Emmy and I have a beautiful son who is also from Ghana Africa. I currently live in the NW and in conjunction with other families with kids from Ghana, we are trying to start a Ghana playgrou/resource group, to benefit families and kids in the NW. Do you know if any group like this already exists? Would you be interested in a group like this? Do you know of any other families with Ghanaian kids that would be interested. My email is emmylou.patton@gmail.com. I would love to hear your thoughts and feel free to pass my email along to any families that may be interested.
PS I love your blog. My blog is private but if you are interested I would love to share it with you.
Hope this finds you and your happy and healthy.
Hi Emmy,
That sounds like a great idea! I have gotten together with families here and there, but nothing formal except through our agency in the summers. I am sure I could connect you with other families too. Where do you live? You can email that if you would rather. Please include me on your list and I would also love to read your blog. My address is kristinjag@comcast.net.
Post a Comment