Monday, January 25, 2010

(bugle sounds)Bum-ba-da-BUM...ADOPTIONmama!

I got my first writing gig! Check out ADOPTIONmama @ http://www.shopmama.com/ ! It is the online site for Hot Mama, a fantastic women's clothing boutique that now has 14 stores, mostly in the Midwest(but I keep pushing for one to come out west). When they opened their first boutique about 5 years ago in Edina, MN, I loved it and so did my kids! My hope was to visit all of them when they opened(as my dear friend is the owner), but they have grown so quickly to 14 and I think I have only made it to six. Oh well... if you are ever in the area of one of these, I can guarantee, you will have a great shopping experience, with or without kids in tow. They have a computer station for the kids to work on, a train table to play with, and even some animal crackers to munch on, while you browse around. The clothing is stylish and sassy, with a price range for many, and they also carry trendy maternity clothes too.

So, I am excited. I have been going around my house declaring myself ADOPTIONmama in a regal sort of voice, also implying I may be some kind of superhero or something. Surprisingly, my kids are unfazed and have not started bowing down...YET!

In all honesty, I feel very blessed to get this opportunity to blog for this company for a few reasons: 1)the heart and vision behind the company has always been to help women feel better about themselves and be confident, 2) I can share our adoption story and possibly encourage others along the way or even educate on adoption issues, and 3)I get a discount now-yippee!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Very cool! Bring on the discounts!

Becca Groves said...

This is so exciting!!! Your blog looks fabulous with your family picture and the black and white layout...I really like it.

And I for one, can't wait to read all of your thoughts on adoption, what your greatest fears were, how you overcame the financial roadblocks, how the three oldest individually adjusted to two new siblings all at once....

I'll be a faithful reader! just added you on my update thingy.

Joyfully,
Becca

Grateful said...

Yay for all reasons. You will be a great representative for adoption, women of character and confidence and knowing good shopping experiences when you see them.
:) Glad to have checked in.
Tami