Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas @ the Farm-2009

The slideshow above is from our time at the farm. We had an absolutely fantastic time there! We got to see so many relatives and introduce Fia and Kwame to many of them. It was our first time traveling on a plane as a family of seven and I can honestly say, that besides fitting our bags in one car, it was a piece of cake! We have excellent travelers. Unfortunately, the parents behind us didn't have as good of luck during the bumpy flight with their little one-yuck!

We traveled on Christmas Day and I really wish I would have my camera or video camera ready for when we were about a mile from the farm. We hadn't seen any cars in over 90 miles because there was so much snow and all of a sudden, there are two deer that are coming on the road straight at our lights. We slow down and they realize they need to turn around, so they do, but they don't leave the road. They just run directly in front of us at high speed. Eventually we slow down because we didn't want to scare them, but they too, just slow down and stay on the road. At this point we told the kids that they must be Rudolph and Vixen leading us into the farm; after all, it was Christmas! We decided we needed video,so we stopped the car for me to look for the camera, and then they stopped and actually came up to the car-it was surreal! We eventually spooked them and they jumped into the drifts(up to their heads). Just at that moment, we got to Daron's lane to his farm and Daron's dad came down the hill in his John Deere tractor with plow!Grandpa was our hero-they kids were totally cheering(and screaming!). We never would have gotten up without him and the plow lane was EXACTLY the width of our tires! (read-good driving Daron). What a fun adventure on Christmas night as we arrived-we will never forget it!

The rest of our time was fun(and cold)as you can see from the pictures...some of you may have already heard me whine about no espresso stands within 60 miles from the farm, and that was terribly challenging for me(hee hee-maybe just a little exaggeration), but I have a great mother-in-law that bought some strong coffee and a brother-in-law that brought me some Starbucks Frappucino's-thanks guys!! Wow, am I high maintenance??!! Good thing for me they think I have cute kids that are worth it and balance me out!

1 comment:

Becca Groves said...

Kristin...I love the pictures. I stole photobucket off of your blog when I posted our christmas pics and thought it was easy shmeasy to use.

The sledding pictures from the farm are glorious...the lighting is so pretty with the sun setting. It was so good to see you guys and yes, thanks again for Quiddler. The only problem is that we don't have a dictionary. And seriously, that is a real problem...