Saturday, September 5, 2009

Ahem...perfect angels by night

So, the kids had a babysitter tonight (thanks Rockstar!!) so that my mom and I could go and see Julie & Julia (or was it vice versa??), since Daron and Justus were already at the first Huskies game of the season -Go DAWGS!

Ever since my kids were little, they have been trying to pull the wool over the poor, innocent babysitters. Justus(age 3 at the time) once told his babysitter that he couldn't go to sleep without his bear-HE HAD NO BEAR! So, the poor babysitter searched the house with this seemingly pudgy and innocent little boy to try and find his bear. No luck. Another time Justus and Greta (age 4 &3) kept asking the babysitter to read them more and more stories about Jesus before they could go to bed. Of course, our babysitter(who we went to church with) couldn't say no to the pastor's kids when they asked for more Jesus stories and they got to stay up much later! Ha! Every time I come home, I wonder what the story will be....

Tonight I came home to the picture below: SO SWEET!! I guess the babysitter was told that he ALWAYS (never happened before to my knowledge) sleeps with his big sister when big brother is away and he is scared in his room by himself. Hmmm....not sure about the truth to that, but they sure looked sweet.

On a side note: I loved the movie and laughed at the whole blogging connection. I was a bit convicted by the narcissistic slant 'Julie' was given being a blogger and the reality that I too am pretty self centered thinking people actually want to read or see what I have blogged about. But...ha! Who cares??- I am documenting our life (mostly for my purpose) and it has become a moment of my time that I love to sit and reflect on our happenings in life. It was an especially great avenue to have throughout the adoption process, but now that we are living in 'the new normal', family and friends (cyber or the ones I can pinch) can choose to read it if they want.

6 comments:

Grateful said...

Too funny with the babysitters!
I too have thought about the self focused thing (blogging)...but have come to the conclusion that it is similar to putting together a scrap book or diary, just a more current in technology. This is easier and a better record for us to look back on. I wonder if we could consider Columbus self focused because he kept a journal?
I am thankful you blog! Tami

Debbie B said...

This is a precious photo. What movie did you go and see?

Mom to Four said...

What a precious picture!
Keep blogging-I will keep reading!
JJ

Amy said...

OK, that pic is SOOOOO cute! And I love your updates and feel much the way you do about the blog. It was a processing journal through the process (oh how I needed to process) and now has become a documentation of family life together for the most part. I LIKE your updates and enjoy seeing how you all are doing. :)

Thanks for sharing so many fun times!
Fabu

Becca Groves said...

First of all, ADORABLE. Incredible, beautiful kids. Love your pictures always.

Secondly, I, too REALLY struggle with blogging and wondering if anyone really cares. But the truth is, I LOVE READING your blog and keeping tabs on your fam. And I LOVE documenting our life happenings with pictures and stories on my blog.

So keep writing! I love reading and love this Jag-community I get to be a part of because of your stories.

Gwen said...

i love the trick the babysitter stories! my daughter gwen, at 2 years old, told the sitter that it said in the bible that she can watch a movie with a babysitter instead of going to bed! where do they come up with that stuff?
and about blogging...you never know who is reading and enjoying, i am!