Well, the kids are back in school and the first couple of days went great! The kids (and their parents) love the teachers that they have and we are excited for the new academic year. All the kids actually have some of their best friends in their class too, so we will see how that goes. Hopefully they don't get in too much trouble for talking...they get that from their dad! ;)
I love fall and all that it brings. Back to school, pies, sweaters, soccer, etc. It will also be great to get back to my church Bible study, as we always break for the summer. Church is also a little scarce in the summer too, so it will be great to see familiar faces from Alive that were away this summer on vacation or camping on the weekends. We are so blessed with the friends that we have that are a part of our church family. I am humbled many times by how people here really 'get their hands dirty' to serve and love as Jesus calls us to do. I know I have been on the receiving end many of times, but there is something so refreshing about giving. Please keep us in your prayers as we have our fall kick off this Sunday and we get back into the swing of things. We meet at the Sons of Norway at 4:56 PM if anyone wants to check us out at Alive Covenant Church. 
8 comments:
Sweet pictures. Hope you all have a great school year.
Looks like they are excited about school. It is so great when both kids and parents are happy about the teachers-bet you all will have a great school year.
I have been waiting all week for the 'new school year' post! :) Glad to hear the first week went well. Love you guys!
All you 'west coasters' are making me laugh! We started school on August 6!! No lie!! Great pics!!
LOVE these pics!
What BEAUTIFUL children you have!!!
Maria
Gorgeous back to school picture! Thinking of you guys,
Amanda
The kids are so cute in their school clothes.
Now, I have been reading your blog off and on for months..... and I thought that you homeschooled!! LOL
I learned something new today.
I will say a prayer for your church as ya'll kick off the fall.
Blessings,
Debbie
Debbie- Hahahahaha, me? Homeschool?? I am not at a point in life that I could do that!Actually, I really love our local school and as a previous teacher,value what the public schools have to offer. We supplement what we feel is needed at home, but no, they are at school. I am always impressed with the selflishness though of those that do homeschool. My major reason not to is about me. Did you homeschool?
Thanks for your prayers for our church!
Post a Comment