As a recap, we had the delightful trip to Yosemite that you all read about, as well as the end of school with classroom musicals and ballet recitals.
The two older kids w
ent to camp for a couple of nights at Cascades and had a blast with some
friends from church! The kids got to stay in this train camp in the background. All the train cars slept 10 and had their own bathrooms included. Notice Mt. Rainier in the background. Picture perfect!
Cascades is an amazing camp that is affiliated with our church. I worked at one of the sister camps, Covenant Harbor for 8 summers! It made such a difference in my life and I pray that the kids have a similar experience.
Last week we also took one of the sunny days to enjoy a boat ride on my parents boat, the Nordic Dawg! We took the ferry to Seattle to pick up the boat after a tune-up, picked up my Grandma at her residence (Covenant Shores) on Mercer Island, and took her over for lunch at the marina in Kirkland. Then we trolled along Bellevue and Mercer Island checking out all the amazing homes on the water, Bill Gates's included.
This weekend I got to go to a Women of Faith Conference in the Seattle for the day. There were a handful of us from church and we got to hear some amazing speakers and artists perform. My favorite time was when the artist, Natalie Grant, performed- she was moving!
Sunday we had our annual church picnic at Scenic Beach State Park in Seabeck. It was so gorgeous there with the scenery and the weather! We had a blast picnicing, tossing balloons, playing in the water, etc. I had to leave a little early though, which I felt a little guilty about.
The guilt quickly evaporated when I got to my destination: Zootunes concert! A couple of friends and I traveled into Seattle (two times in one weekend!) for an Indigo Girls concert! It was being held on the Woodland Park Zoo lawn (hence, Zootunes), so we got to bring in a picnic and chill while listening to some amazing tunes!
I really had such an amazing June with family and friends! I look forward to July!
1 comment:
We could have seen you on the streets of Seattle! We were there for a whirlwind weekend not long ago when John's friend, Alex Carlson married Marie Robinson.
(The wedding is currently on my blog.) We were at the Pine Lake Cov. church.
Glad you are having happy, busy times. Love to all!
Post a Comment