Friday, July 11, 2008

Patience

“I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry.”
- Psalm 40:1

This is the verse that the children of our church are being encouraged to memorize this week. Over the summer, they are challenged to memorize one verse and recite it to their parents, Pastor Daron, or their house church. After the kids have memorized 4, they are invited to an ice cream party. Then, after 10, they get to go to Chuck E. Cheese together! Can you tell the kids picked out the reward system? It has been really fun hearing the different kids call Daron or come up to him and recite the verses. The first week, a 4yr. old was the first one to do it(Go Alyssa!) Mary, my mother-in-law, gets our email updates in MN and has also been memorizing the verses. She calls every week and leaves the verse on the answering machine. She said she wants to go to Chuck E. Cheese! LOL! Knowing her, she really will plan a trip to come out then; not one to miss a party!

This verse has meant alot to me as well. As you know, we have been "waiting patiently" for God's timing to show itself to us in regards to our adoption. There are many thoughts that go through my head with this, but mostly I daily remind myself not to worry. Because....if I am worrying, I am not waiting patiently. God has His timing worked out for us just perfectly and I can't manipulate it; or at least not without causing more damage. I know that God hears my cries. I know that in my heart and my head. Some days though, I need to proclaim this as my theme song/Psalm to get me through the day.

7 comments:

Erik Halverson said...

Funny! We played, and I led the song "40" by U2 this past week at church!

Amy said...

Krisitn,

You are really an inspiration. You have waited so long, but here you are proclaiming your trust in God's timing. I personally happen to think your amazing, loving support of other families that started after you and are moving through the process has been incredible. I thank you for your generosity and support. :)

When your time comes we will dance with you, shout with you, and praise God that His timing brought you to your son. I think of you and your family often Kristin. I am praying for you and hoping God finds your little guy soon!

Fabu

Amy said...

Oh man! I spelled your name wrong! Sorry about that Kwistin! ;)

Kristin said...

Erik, funny how that happened. That is what Daron's sermon was on, so maybe you should have led worship for Alive this weekend. :)

Fabu, I have good days and I have bad, but thankfully I can try and focus on scripture to bring me through it on the bad days when I am jealous of you and others. I am blessed to be part of this experience with you. Thanks for your words!

Heather said...

Kristin, I've been trying to decide whether to comment or not, because I know that nothing anyone else says makes the wait any easier, or the pain any less. But I wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you, and praying that your son finds his way home soon.

Blessings, Heather A.

Kristin said...

Thanks Heather! I appreciate your prayers! I am so fortunate to be in this AAI group with you.

Robin Dodd Photography said...

Kristen,

Hey!! I am going to read your blog today! I have jet lag so bad I cannot get up from this table, but alas my sister is coming tomorrow. I noticed you and Amy commented on my blog which is so exciting!! I'm such a bad blogger....so I just wanted to say hi.. and I am really praying for your family!!

Peace,

Robin