Monday, April 28, 2008

Bedtime Rituals in the Jag home

Daron was putting the kids to bed recently and told them to go brush their teeth, put pj's on, and brush their bottoms. I don't know why he said the last part, but Justus laughed. I think it is guy humor. I gave him a weird look that probably involved some disrespectful eye rolling. A few minutes later we said we were ready to play a game if they hurried up. Ella proudly came in running to tell us that she did all three and she was the first one ready. I said, "What do you mean you did all three?!!!" She saw the horror and shock on my face and looked as though she was going to cry. Nervous about what this meant I very scaredly(new word) had her go and show me what she did. Yep, she followed directions all right! After she brushed her teeth, she brushed her bottom!!! With her toothbrush!!! I assured her I would buy a new toothbrush tomorrow and tossed it in the trash to her disbelief; it was brand new. Ella was still on the verge of tears and I could barely keep myself from falling over in my snorted laughter. I held it together though and gave her a hug and told her she was a good girl for following such awful directions from her father. I think we will have to wait on our sarcastic humor for awhile!

2 comments:

Suzanne & Duncan Forbes said...

Yeah for humor!

Becca Groves said...

I just read this aloud to Rory and we're dying. I'm forwarding your link to many friends and family. Sweet Ella.