There is a family from WA, that I have met from a friend, that is traveling over in Ghana right now to adopt their 2 yr. old and 4 yr. old. She really captures the emotions of the first time meeting your children, the excitement and fear of being in a new country, and the ups and downs of the adoption process; as well as in life! Check it out if you want to get a feel for what we have in store for us. The link I connected you to is their survival guide for visiting Ghana- I will have to make sure I sleep with my mouth closed. Ever since watching the Lindsey Lohan Parent Trap, I am scared of accidentally swallowing a lizard............you will have to watch the movie if you don't know what I mean. That camping scene is Greta and Ella's favorite part!
By the way, this is why I haven't posted in awhile. I am too busy reading this blog and imagining!
2 comments:
Wow Kristin. I just read the entire blog you linked to, and I am so moved. I got teary many times and am so ready to watch your family grow as you welcome a little boy into your loving home, and you become his mama. Amazing love.
Jags. Haven't checked in lately but I read some of your friends experiences and tried to respond to encourage them because it was emotional bringing back very fresh memories. Here is what I wrote them if you wish to pass it on...
I don't know you guys but I was lead to read your post from the Jagodzinskes. I traveled to Liberia about 10 months ago to pick up our 2 boys (ages 2 and 4) and can really relate to sooo much you are expressing...the frustration waiting on people that don't really care, coming to the realization that you have become way to american, getting to know your kids in a surreal setting, etc.
All I can tell you, as I was putting together a DVD of our trip and of pictures since they have been home, is that the trip and all we went through is invaluable in being able to understand where my boys are from. In other words, it is worth it all and GOD IS GRACIOUS!
Alby Z
Post a Comment