Saturday, December 15, 2007

Happy Lucia Day -Dec. 13th




So I am late posting this, but just wanted to wish you a Happy St. Lucia Day and a very Happy 30th Birthday to Ingrid! St. Lucia is celebrated in most Swedish homes by having the oldest daughter dress in a white gown with candles on her head, delivering coffee and rolls (in our case pepparkakor cookies) to the family early in the morning. Greta has done this in our house for at least the last four years and this year she could pretty much do it all on her own. I set up the coffee to go off on it's own so all she had to do was pour it for Daron and I. First she visits her siblings and gives them cookies with battery-operated candles on her head in complete darkness and then they all come up to our room singing the Lucia song. It is so sweet. She then celebrated this day and shared it with her class at school. December 13th falls on one of the darkest days of the year in Sweden and St. Lucia is known for bringing goodwill. My sis-in-law has shown me so much goodwill this week and has really been a blessing to me. I am so thankful for her, especially today on her birthday!








2 comments:

Lindahl News 2 said...

Happy Birthday, Ingrid! And your kids are quite a Lucia team.

Do you remember when our church had a Halloween party and Beth Peterson came as a Conehead and I came as St. Lucia? By the end of the evening, I became a Conehead Lucia...and what a sight it was, but very very easy to hold the candle ring on my head because of the cone!!

Kristin said...

First of all, seeing Beth as a conehead was surprising enough! But to see you as a conehead St. Lucia......that is a memory that I will never forget!!!One of lifes lessons I have learned from you is to laugh and have fun, even at our own expense!