Saturday, November 17, 2007
water 1st
Last night we went to an auction for a group called Water 1st. Their theme was "give water, give life". It was very powerful to think how much I take our water for granted. Water 1st brings safe water in the form of wells to remote areas in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Honduras, and India. I was surprised to hear that 1/5 of our world still does not have access to safe water, 80% of all sickness in many developing countries is because their water is polluted so badly, and the number one killer of children are water related illnesses. Their goal is to bring safe water to 160,000 people in the next 5 years. Some friends of ours from our North Park community are behind the vision for this group, and I was so proud of them last night for stepping up and making a difference in lives that they may never know they affected. Check out their website at www.water1st.org ! Very inspiring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment