Monday, November 26, 2007

A 5 yr. old, Elmer's glue, and fake nails....




I don't remember when Ella got fake nails, but I guess she has been saving them for a special occasion. Today was that day! While I was cleaning the kitchen, Ella was downstairs in her room awfully quiet; that should have been my sign that she was up to something. That something was that she decided to put her fake nails on- with Elmer's glue! She was so proud of herself that I had to take a picture. They only lasted about 10 minutes, because the second it was snack time, she realized that she didn't like to eat with them on, so she peeled them off.

Today reminded me of a story of 3yr. old Ella and 2 1/2 yr. old Kaia, hot pink nail polish, fingers and toes. Two years ago at Thanksgiving, the two cousins decided that they were old enough to paint their nails on their own. We were busy taking the turkey out of the oven and making final preparations when Greta came running up to tell us that the girls got hot pink nail polish all over the white carpet, their clothes, and of course their nails. They did a pretty good job on their toes, as you can see from the picture, and luckilly we can laugh about it now! I think I am noticing a trend with Ella!

2 comments:

Lindahl News 2 said...

Oh, my!! She is one resourceful girl to think about using Elmer's glue!

(I am wondering, however, about how you got the hot pink nail polish out of the white carpeting.)

Kristin said...

I was trying to remember.....I think we just used baking soda and then possibly windex? It was something weird that I found online that I never would have thought....maybe nail polish remover!