Thurs. morning we had our 3rd annual Turkey Bowl with friends, family, and Alive Covenant sports fans. We had a huge turnout and actually had four teams! Super fun and I even scored a touchdown! I want to give thanks here to my college intramural team, The Ballbusters, who taught me everything I know! And whatever Daron says, don't listen to him about who won the Turkey Bowl.
Later we headed over to my parents for the big dinner and filled our pallets with some great traditional fare! Daron and Brad decided it would be cute to dress alike, so I had to get a picture of the adorable brother- in- laws! (Hee hee)
As I look out our family room window tonight, I see that most of the neighborhood took the opportunity this weekend to put their Christmas lights up already. Not us! Most likely we will start to get into the Christmas spirit next weekend. Actually, Thurs. I will go cut some boughs with friends and make some wreaths; how Martha Stewart of us, huh? I used to love to do that when we lived in NH and Bethany Covenant had so much laurel on their property. A group of people would come together and make wreaths for the church to start off the Christmas season and then I would go the next day and cut some for our door too! I guess I am getting excited for this season, it just overwhelms me a bit to realize that it is here! Who am I fooling? When I put the radio on the day after Thanksgiving and I heard Christmas carols, first I grumbled and then I started singing along. Who can help getting into the Christmas spirit!
3 comments:
So nice to see one big happy family celebrating the "feast" together! Daron and Brad are adorable dress-alikes. Where's Erik??
Erik didn't match this time,but I think he was jealous, so I am sure he will call them for next year! Also, we got a surpise visitor of Dolores S., so that was fun to see her and some of her family.Hope you had a fun Thankgiving!
I didn't want them to get jealous of my fashion sense so I decided to wear jeans and a t-shirt.
Post a Comment