Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Post-Bedtime Snowextravaganza


Let me start out this post reminding you all that we live in the Pacific Northwest, so when snow comes, it is usually gone the next day, so you have got to take advantage of it if you want to play in it.

The other thing about living in the Pacific Northwest, is that you realize that many people freak out about snow here. Like *go stock up on groceries if 1 inch of snow is in the forecast* kind of freak out. Not everyone does that, my friends are tough! :) Well, to add to the everyday freak-outers, the news has been having a heyday with this storm prediction for the last couple of days. They said snow would come today around 4pm and then rain in the morning with 40degree temps. Well, 4pm came and went and no snow(even though many school districts had already cancelled all after school events)!

We ended up putting the kids to bed and then POW!, it was crazy snowing within the hour. So, after I was done cleaning up the kitchen and it looked like at least 2 inches outside, I said to Daron that we should wake the kids up and go for a walk and play in the snow. He agreed and we surprised the kids. All but Justus thought it was a great idea. Justus was confused and said he was tired. Ha! He just kept saying, "I don't get it... why?" I told him I thought it would be a fun memory and the snow might be gone by morning. He finally agreed! :)

The kids loved it! We spent about 30 minutes sledding on the hill(road-haha!) near us, then went back and made a gigantic snowman! The kids loved it and kept saying thank you. It was so cute! Hopefully we will still have snow in the morning, but if not, they got to enjoy this time together....and, they may have part of a snowman to show for it in the morning!

5 comments:

sarah in the woods said...

Wonderful memories! I love the huge snowflakes in your pics!

Courtney said...

I LOVE that you did that! You are so awesome and in the moment. Huge storm here. At 1 in the morning I looked outside and the snow everyone was counting on had not started yet---but by morning 10 inches! Still in our jammies! Miss you

Deborah said...

We've had fun, too!
Your family is growing and so beautiful...Have a Blessed New Year!

Laurel said...

Jim and I snuck away to Leavenworth for a couple of days, and we got a LOT of snow last night.

But, the kids at home were excited that they got 6", as well. It's supposed to rain there today, so they ran right outside to play after breakfast. Schoolwork could definitely wait until the rain came.

Hope you are all doing well. We would LOVE to get together again.

Laurel

Heather said...

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! And we also live in an area where people rush out and buy 5 gallons of milk for the 1 inch of snow!