Thursday, January 20, 2011
First Words to Chapter Books
My kindergartner has had a hard time memorizing her letters and beginning to read, but it is fun to see her finally get it and feel proud of herself. At the beginning of the year Fia only knew a few letters and would get SO frustrated if she couldn't remember them. Now, she remembers all the letters and is starting to sound them out. After sitting for over 30 minutes yesterday(tears and all), we finished her homework and I think she really understood what she was doing! It is a huge breakthrough! The smile at the end was priceless. After we finished with the homework, I had her go and show her dad how she was sounding out 8 of the basic first words in kindergarten. She came back and said, "I read them ALL to dad. Should I start reading chapter books now?" :) Gotta love her determination! Soon Fia. Very soon!
Labels:
Fia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
She is SOOOOO beautiful.
Love it
I felt so much pride when I read this and she's not even my kid! I'm so proud of Fia. Her spirit and determination is so endearing. As a fellow mother of a kindergartener, it is a joy to see our children learn to read, huh?!
Post a Comment