Thursday, May 6, 2010

What Is In This??

Hmmm....what is in this box??














To give you a little background, after we were in our car accident, the kids decided to write letters to Toyota thanking them for making such safe cars. A few weeks ago, Greta ended up getting a personalized letter from the USA President of Toyota replying to her letter. It was awesome!! It definitely wasn't a form letter as he addressed many of the things she wrote about in his letter to her, and he signed it. I was so amazed that he actually took the time (with everything else that is going on with Toyota right now), to respond to the kids. We were, however, a bit perplexed by part of it. It was just regular letter head in a regular envelope and he mentioned that he included some toys in the 'cubbies' for Greta to share with her siblings ??!!! Huh??? (Greta had mentioned in her letter that she loved the cubbies in the van to put her toys into) Ha!! What was he talking about though? We didn't have a van anymore! Honestly, for the next couple days, I kept looking outside to see if a new minivan was pulling up...uh...Kristin, YOU HAVE WATCHED TOO MUCH REALITY TV!!!! Btw, no minivan came. Then, I just laughed it off that they wrote the letter, but forgot to put in the little toys he mentioned, but that was no biggie, as it was already cool enough that they wrote the letter to Greta in the first place.



But---much to my surprise, I came home today from my women's Bible study group, to this box!! I can hardly contain myself with excitement to see what is inside it, but we are waiting for the kids to get home. Ughh..Definitely Daron's idea. I thought we could open it and tape it back up! What kind of toys do you think are inside? Little minivans? Toyota stickers? It really doesn't matter. I just think it is super cool of them to follow up on our letter with this-THANKS AGAIN TOYOTA!!! YOU HELPED SAVE OUR LIFE!

6 comments:

Shonni said...

That is so cool to see how they responded!

Shonni said...

That is so cool to see how they responded!

Shonni said...

Sorry for two

Kerry said...

WOW! We have a Toyota minivan and we love it, too. I've been pretty sad about all the bad press they've gotten recently. It's tough when you are in competition with Government Motors (GM). :)

Didn't know you'd wrecked your van! Glad everyone was OK, though. And "yea" to Toyota for sending you a goodie package!

Hey - we've got a new blog (not sure you know): www.pottersshed.blogspot.com . Just decided it was time for a more "family" oriented blog (since our adoption is final, now). Got lots of new photos, too!

Unknown said...

What's in the box?!!!

Megan said...

Darn it....this is how Castaway ends and I HATE the movie because they never tell you what is in the box. SO WHAT IS IN THE BOX?