Friday, May 7, 2010

....And What Was In It?

Well, I think I have now made you wait longer than I had to wait and although it is kind of fun-I don't want to be mean!! First off, we got another personalized letter from the President saying he was glad that we were okay and that he loved Greta's letter and he keeps it on his desk. I thought that was so fun to imagine Greta's letter on his desk; her picture and message really was cute and we had nothing to do with it.

But you are more interested about what was in the box, right? Well, there were three packages and two of them contained three different Toyota bags. One, a really nice gym bag, and the others are totes that the girls were excited about. As they opened the second package, the kids were all like, "Another bag? He said they were sending toys!" Ha ha! (BTW, before we opened it, Greta guessed incorrectly that it was a WiiFit!) Then, in the third package, there were a bunch of Toyota paraphernalia: 5 pens, 5 stuffed orange cars, a few stuffed koala bears and frogs(with a Toyota logo), a couple key chains, a flashlight, a money clip, a blanket, a travel coffee mug, a biodegradable water bottle and three Toyota hats! Woo hoo!

Was that worth the wait? Hee hee? Sorry. I swear if it were keys to a new car I would have posted right away! It really was so nice of them to send all of this stuff. The kids were SO excited to open it when they came home from school. So now, be honest, what did you really think would have been in there?

Okay, so I have been debating whether or not to post the video of the kids opening the box, but I think I will because it was so funny how bummed they were when there weren't toys, until they found the 'toys'! They started fighting over the key chains and money clip...hee hee. Easy to please, I guess! Watch if you want. (I hate my voice-do I really sound like that??)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! There was something on the way! How many car companies do that? That's so cool!
I love this, it shows the kids that there is power to their words--write, and get a response!

Carrie S.

Johnene and Family said...

When are you going to let the Toyota people know that you bought a Chevy? :)

studsbootsandlace said...

I was thinking the same thing.. did you let them know you didnt buy a Toyota? I think you might need to send it all back... just saying honesty is the best policy Kristin! ha ha :)

Kristin said...

Ha! @Johnene & Randi-I would definitley have bought another Toyota if they made one big enough for us with as much room as the suburban. If we ever bought another minivan, it would still be the Sienna-they really are the best, in my humble opinion. Plus, they came out with the roll down middle windows first-gotta love 'em, with the other minivans to follow.

Anonymous said...

Love the video Kristen. Your kids are so great. Brent E.