Kwame all bundled up in the snow.....I mean really, could this be any more different from a typical outfit in Ghana or what? I don't think the evenings ever got lower than mid 70's when I was there.
March was also the birthday month of my neice, Kaia. She had her bday party at a pizza spot near them that is fabulous and the kids all had a blast. Fia obviously loved playing with the dough and teasing her uncles by putting the dough over her eyes.
On another note, our family has been to the ER twice in the last week. Before last Monday, I never knew where exactly one should go for stitches, but now I do. Last week after I put the kids to bed and Daron was at a meeting, I brought the garbage out(something I should have left for my better half) and forgot that there was broken glass in the bag. Well, I stuffed two more bags on top of the one with glass and cut right into my hand. After taking one look at it, I debated who to call first: Daron to come home or someone to come and watch the kids while we went to the ER for stitches. It all worked out, but four hours later, we were home and I had my three stitches that are just an annoying reminder of what I already know: NEVER TAKE OUT THE GARBAGE! ;) just kidding!
A few nights later, my sister and brother in law got into town. It was already after eight, but we ate dinner late so the kids could see them and hang out before bed. After all, it was spring break. While the adults were finishing up dinner, we heard a cry and they said there was blood. Kwame ran into our hutch and there was a big gash on his head. We just finished talking about our ER trip earlier in the week and we knew we had to do it again! We were smart and did not mention to Kwame that we were going to see the doctor. That would have freaked him out since after his immunizations a few weeks back he still says daily at one point, "Mommy, no go to doctor today." This time I used a new word, hospital, and we kept doctor out of the vocabulary. Only two and a half hours later, we came home with Kwame and two STAPLES in his head. Never heard of that before, but I guess that is common when it is on the scalp. I was very proud of him; he did just great and was super tough. It was kind of humorous and embarrassing that there was some of the same staff on that night as earlier in the week! Oh well, hopefully that is that last ER visit for a long time.
5 comments:
Oh my! You guys do have a very EVENTFUL life.
Oh those er stories crack me up. Hope your life slows down a bit now... love you guys!
I agree with you - never take the garbage out!!
I am sorry about your misadventures and hope both of you are on the mend.
Blessings,
Debbie
We had 2 ER trips 2 days in a row a few years back. Different kids, but same ER doc.
mama of 13
Post a Comment