My Uncle Scott just passed away this morning. He has been fighting with cancer for a year and a half now. There were so many times that we thought it was the end and so many times that we thought he was in the clear. I can't believe how emotional this roller coaster has been; and that is only for me, his niece. I can't even imagine the strength my Aunt Lynne and cousins Becky and Daniel have had to have through this. One thing I do know though is that their faith through this all has been constant and amazing! Through this Scott and Lynne's eyes have been focused on Christ alone. They have had so many people praying for them and caring for them every step of the way. They have had their amazing church(Santa Cruz Bible Church) and work family(Mt. Hermon Bible Camp) there for them on a day to day basis helping with the home, the kids, the food, etc.; truly being God's hands and feet.
I loved my Uncle Scott! He was very special in my heart and I felt like we had a special bond. (probably everyone did, right?) When I was younger he was going to Seminary at North Park when we lived in Libertyville, IL and he would come and hang out on some weekends. I remember having fun goofing off with him and following him around. He was also just a few years older than my brother Brad, so I kind of looked at him as a older (much older as I would say to he and Brad-wink,wink) cousin. I know so many people are hurting today and besides Scott's immediate family, I know it will be hard for my Grandma, my dad, and Brad, as they were all close. I know yesterday was such a hard day for Scott and I am so happy that he isn't hurting any longer and is without pain. He is now whole, healthy, and with our Heavenly Father, and for that I rejoice!!! The reality is that it is sad for those of us left behind and I miss him already, but after a few seconds my sadness gets overwhelmed by the peace I feel for him. Scott was an avid bike rider and actually just got a signed shirt from Lance Armstrong a month or too ago when he was touring in CA. I know that Scott desperately wanted to get back to riding, so I hope that today he is now riding through the hills in heaven!
If you are interested in his story at all, this is their family blog. Up until just about a month or two ago, Scott was doing all the writing himself before he went into ICU. The ironic part is that he got better enough and was planning on going home this week until he got sick again and stuck back into ICU. All the preparations were made for him to be home again. I was so looking forward to reading his blog and catching his great sense of humor through this all.
If you are so inclined, please keep Scott's family and friends in your prayers today and this week as preparations are made and they are experiencing their loss. Becky and Daniel are just in high school and life if going to be drastically different for the three of them now.
6 comments:
I am so sorry. Praying!
(((Hugs)))
Praying for you and your family. For you all to feel being held in our Father's hands-receiving His peace and comfort.
I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. I will keep you all in my prayers.
Jennine
Kristin,
I'm so sorry. I've been reading their blog & hoped that he would be going home soon. You will be in our thoughts & prayers. Give your Dad a hug for us.
Tracie
I'm so sorry. Favorite Aunts and Uncles have special places in our hearts that will be there always.
What you've written about your uncle is truly special and gives others a glimpse into a life that was meaningful to many. So glad to hear that he is pain-free now but of course we mourn for those who have lost such a significant person in their lives. Praying for all of you.
Post a Comment