Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Married to a Pastor? I got your back!

For any of you that are pastor's wives or p.k's(pastor's kids) for that matter, you know all too well the feeling you get when you hear your husband start to tell a story about you for a sermon illustration. This one goes out to all my fellow pastor's wives (Inger, Lenore, Kir, Ing, Kathy, Suzanne, etc.) ............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY4khRpG8O8
(a parody on Carrie Underwood's 'Before He Cheats')

5 comments:

Suzanne & Duncan Forbes said...

Yeah - I thought the song was done well, but I wasn't overly fond of the passive-aggressiveness of its message - could just be me though.

Love ya - have a great summer till we I see you again!

Kristin said...

I agree. I just thought it was funny. Daron was actually the one who showed it to me and we were laughing at some of the lyrics.

Have a great trip, Suzanne. We will miss you here on the peninsula!

tlforsythe said...

I'm not a pastor's wife, but I've been friends with a few....I thought it was pretty amusing and creative. Kristin, when can we expect your debut on youtube?!!

--julie said...

Hi Kristin,

I found your blog through Amy Johnston's blog...she's a friend of mine from years ago at MOPS in Grayslake, IL....
My husband and I are originally from a Covenant Church (Northbrook IL), though I spent high school at Winnetka Cov....and he grew up in Portland, OR and Kirkland, WA. Looking at your blog, I thought, hmm, a Covie, how fun when I saw your link here to your church.

And THEN I saw you somewhere on Facebook...we know some of the same people!

It's always been a small world in the Covenant, but funny to have found you through Amy and adding to your family from Gahna, and then discover other connections. So, hi! Nice to "meet" you!

Sara said...

Can your shout out go to the pastor's husbands as well? I think Joel will gladly accept your empathy. : )

Too funny!