This President's Weekend, Daron, Justus, Greta, and I went along with North Kitsap Young Life on a ski retreat. I think there were about 65 high schoolers and Daron was the speaker for this extravaganza. We had such a blast skiing there! The weather was perfect and sunny and the snow was just right! Silver Mtn. has a gondola that you need to take up to the skiing. It was picturesque! 
This was Greta and Justus's first time skiing since we took them up to some bunny hills in NH. Here they got 1 1/2 days of lessons and they did awesome! It was so fun to see your kids figure out how to ski and then go down the mountain with them. It was also a little scary, as a mom, knowing all the different ways they could hurt themselves. There seemed to be a lot of steep cliffs off the greens. Of course, the kids just sped down them and it never crossed their minds. I am sure I was the same way when I was their age!
3 comments:
What cute little snow bunnies!! You can almost see the kid's faces thru their helmets.Where're mom and dad's helmets?
How cute! Your photos make us miss the snow - really!
You are SO SMART to teach your kids snow sports while they're young, so later they're not flopping around on the slopes while chains of little children on skis pass them by. Um, like someone I know.
Helmuts? I didn't get one for skiing yet, but I should. I am looking for one that is more multi-functional and can also be used when I drive my car, walk downtown, go to bed, etc......Oh, I suppose I better also use it for riding my bike!
Post a Comment