Notice the speed limit sign, that is where the car is usually parked
We woke up to the doorbell the other morning at 6:50AM. There was a man at our door that was walking by and stopped to tell us that Thor just got hit. Thor is our VW Jetta TDI. We bought Thor after two years of marriage and we have had him for the last 10. The story is a little sketchy to me, but the cop and Daron seem to believe this "innocent little 70 yr. old lady." I think there is more to the story. I guess she was coming from the other direction and hit our car that was PARKED ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD. Instead of braking, she continued driving at a said 15 miles per hour and pushed our car at least 20 feet, crooked, smack in the middle of our driveway. It actually looks as if we had been out late after a party and didn't quite know what we were doing when we parked our car. It has taken the insurance company an insane amount of time to come and assess it and our car is still parked this way since it is undriveable. They said yesterday that it is totalled, but now we are working out the logistics. Since this has happened, we have had a lot of inquisitive neighbors who are wondering what the Pastor and his Mrs. have been up to. We just smile and let them think the best of us!
Anyone selling a truck?
5 comments:
We will miss Thor!! A landmark on 11th.
We already knew about your crazy partying lifestyle. Small town people talk, and word gets around. In fact, I heard this happened right after you guys came back from tipping cows.
Hope you find a super cute replacement!
How did you hear about the cows over in the Bahamas! We can't get anything past you guys!
I don't think our next car will be anything "cute." Daron has been whoaing (sp?) the day my car became his and then we had a girl car in his eyes and a minivan. I think he is looking for a truck! (that is also biodeisel compatable like the Jetta)
Kristin, I love that you posted this. I agree somethings a little off about the 70 yr old driving around at 6 in the morning!
Kristin- so not fun!! This is not a good diversion!! You were supposed to have a fun project. TR still misses and talks about his black truck that he got after we were first married. Then Kyle came along and we traded it for the minivan! Keep us updated on what you end up getting. You know we just got the hot and so economical and fuel effiecient Hondy Civic Hybrid-!! :-) I am thinking of you!
J
Post a Comment