I wish I had some news to report to all of you that are just as eager to hear as we are. But no, there is no news on the adoption front. It is kind of depressing, but at the same time I keep reminding myself that it just must not be the right time. We have been referral ready since October and it was supposed to be fast, but it seems as if every combination of children have come into the Eban House(AAI's Ghana orphanage) except for what we think(and have prayed a lot about) would be good for our family; a 0-4yr. old little boy. Little girls have come in, older boys and girls, little boys that fit our age, but have 3 siblings........just not a single little boy that is a toddler or older. It makes me start to go a little crazy. Are we not being open? Should we have opened up to one of the little girls, an older boy, a sibling set of 3 or 4? Or is it just not the right time right now and it will be when our little boy comes into the home? Maybe it is taking this long because we aren't supposed to adopt. These are all the questions/thoughts I am thinking right now. I know many of these thoughts are silly. I mean really, it hasn't really been that long, it is just that I have seen people in our agency who have signed up after us get referrals and one even go home weeks ago with their twins. It is actually a very fast process compared to other countries, so I am thankful for that. I also love our agency and the people that are adopting with us. It is hard not to be jealous, and at the same time be excited for them. I love that children are getting placed with loving families; I just wish it was our time and for some reason it isn't.
12 comments:
Thanks for the update. We'll continue to pray. Did you get your passports back? We got 4 out of 5 back within 2 weeks - still waiting for the 5th.
Hi Kristin,
I've been wondering about your family (and if it looked like anything would be happening soon). I'm sorry your wait has been so long, but hopefully it will be your time soon- too bad Kwame wasn't available! ;)
We've got to trust that God has the perfect plan, right?
Amy F(abu)
Suzanne,
that is weird that you only got 4 back. hmmm. we got all three within a couple weeks too. I wasn't actually paying attention since we weren't in a hurry to go anywhere, so when they came, I was surprised at the quickness!
Thanks Amy, I think I am supposed to work on my patience!
Ugg!! I know! I am so ready for your referral! I just am waiting for your little guy to find his way to the Eban House. It is so much harder to be the first in line not knowing if the call will come in one day or months. I just can't wait to see if it is a baby or if he is closer to four. Either way- he is out there and I pray you will hear about him very soon!
Hugs,
J
Oh honey... Definitely passing time opens space up for questioning. I can't speak for God here, so I won't try to answer any of your questions... :) Just keep praying and waiting quietly on Him, if He wants to adjust any of the plans he's given you - He will make sure you know. I know you guys are leaning on Him.. He hears you and he's answering...
I think all that uncertainty would be driving me bananas, too! I hope the call comes soon, and I'm excited for the day it finally does.
Stephanie
I think all that uncertainty would be driving me bananas, too! I hope the call comes soon, and I'm excited for the day it finally does.
Stephanie
I will be thinking of you and your family as you are waiting...and waiting...and waiting. Hang in there!
Oh boy can I empathize with you...we are on similar wavelengths right now. I keep wondering if we should be adopting and wishing that God would tell me in the form of lightening bolts or some other dramatic device. :-)Too bad it rarely works that way. I love you and am praying for you...that the wait will somehow be easier and amidst all the uncertainties you feel peace that passes all understanding!!
Hi guys. We too can empathize with all the emotions, questioning, etc. Several of our guys fell through for various reasons. For whatever it is worth, as Benji is hugging my leg as we speak, the waiting is worth it. I cannot imagine 2 other, more perfect boys for our family! Definitely didn't think it at the time of the waiting but some of the things it did... prepared our kids for this reality because as we waited, their questions and prayers really showed the depth of their being prepared. It did the same for Lorri and I because the longer we waited, the deeper God dug to prepare us. I don't know much but the "should we adopt" question has already been answered by how God has lead you to this point...Your post is bringing up so many recent memories and emotions so pleased be encouraged that your time is coming and all the prayers that are being sent your way only make you more prepared.
Love,
The Zander 7 :)
While we were "planning" to add 3 or 4 little girls to our 10 bio kids, God changed those plans and brought a sibling group of 1 boy (12) and 2 girls (6 & 9). When we saw their picture, we KNEW that was HIS plan.
Keep trusting and seeking. If HE wants to change your ideas of who you will be bringing into your home, HE will show you. Just be listening, so you will hear HIM.
Blessings,
Laurel
Post a Comment