Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sarcasm and teenage girls

Sarcasm is so hard to read in people, especially in blogs. For those of you that haven't been around me for awhile, I need to remind you that I have a hard time not being sarcastic; some think it is funny, some don't. Anyway, just to clarify for those of you that think I really took time to brush my hair during the triathalon, I was just being sarcastic, joking, kidding, etc. I didn't really stop and brush my hair, although it may have been a good idea after seeing pictures now of Kristin, aka "Drowned Spandex Rat" (that was sarcastic by the way, I am not actually known as a drowned spandex rat, I just was very wet, wearing spandex and looked kind of like a rat).
This post brings up another memory of when I was working at Covenant Harbor with some friends one summer in high school. There were about 6 of us girls and one day we decided to go around and say what we didn't like about each other, great idea right? Anyway, I still remember that besides it ending in tears for all of us, they told me that I joke and say "just kidding" too much. This was eye opening to me, I thought I was really funny. I think I must have been testing out my sarcasm with them and I am sorry I didn't know when to quit. I have to admit I see it in my oldest daughter now, even though I would like to pass the buck and say that she gets this from her dad. I don't know what the moral of the story is, maybe don't be sarcastic unless the other person is too. :)

1 comment:

Karleen said...

I did, for a second, think you brushed your hair. ;)