Friday, August 10, 2007

Road Trip!

We just got back from our midwest road trip extravaganza! After many hems and hahs from me, I have to admit that I actually had a great time on this Griswald-esque trip. After asking Ella what her favorite memory of the vacation was to get her jr. ranger badge, she said, riding in the car. Mind you (did I actually just say that), she got to play with cousins galore at three seperate family reunions, go to American Girl in Chicago, a hotel with a waterpark, a week long Bible camp with all relatives, Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone,....... and Ella's favorite memory was riding in the car. I should have been quicker, but Daron jumped on that and said, "That's great- we will just have to do more car trips!" ugh. We have just realized though that Ella just loves the simple things in life. She was also asked about her favorite animal that she saw at Yellowstone. We all saw a moose, elk, grizzley bear, deer, coyote, bison, marmots, chipmunks, squirrels, and either a wolf or a dog! :) Anyway, as I am sure you have guessed, her favorite animal was the squirrel. I personally liked seeing the bear and the bison!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

I'm so happy you have a blog...I'm much better at keeping in touch this way ( you know me and the phone...)
Tell Daron it's time to load the kids in to the car for a 24 hour road trip to Santa Barbara :-)

shannon said...

i am so excited that you are blogging. we will be able to keep in touch so much better now. the time difference has been way too hard. so so excited for you about the adoption. loved seeing pictures of everyone. we are about to take our third 12 hour trip in four months to nc. maybe i will be inspired by your blog, to make one for our family. is it hard to do? so good to hear from you. miss you.