
So I actually completed a mini triathalon yesterday in Seatlle. It was the Danskin and I think it is supposed to be the largest in the country. There is something like 4000 women and it fills up in matter of 2-3 days! The swim is a 1/2 mile in Lake Washington, then you bike 12 mi. on Lake Wash Blvd and 1-90 across to the end of Mercer Island and back, and you end with a 3 mi. run! I woke up to pouring rain in Seattle! Most would think that is normal, but we don't usually get that much rain in the summer. Anyway, it poured and stopped a little for the half hour before and during the swim, then it started up again just in time for the bike. I was a little nervous riding on the slick tires in the rain. I had been training on a mountain bike, but our cousin-in-law, Steph(thank you!) let me borrow her awesome road bike! I felt like a real biker babe! The ride was fun, especially going on the floating bridge and amongst all the women- everyone was so supportive- especially the supporters on the side. The run was challenging for me since I have never run that far in my life. I know 3 miles isn't much to a lot of you, but I had actually never done that, so I was happy to have ran it in my soggy shoes that really did swoosh! At this time I would like to thank all my fans that came to cheer me on in this weather, these are die hard fans...........Daron, Justus, Greta, Ella, Dad, Brad, Ingrid, Kaia, Lola and the "Biggest Fans Award" goes to my adopted Godparents (really they are Inger's) Tim and Elaine W. for coming not only on the race day, but also the day before thinking that the race was on Sat. ( a certain someone told them that). I do have to tell you that I also was hoping for under 2 hours and I did it in 1:47 min! Yeah! I am already thinking of ways that I can improve my 10+ min. that were in transition. Someone mentioned that I don't need to brush my hair next time, sounds like a good plan! :) I do feel bad about letting my kids down. They really wanted me to "win" even though I kept telling them it wasn't a possibilty. Justus prayed for me the night before that I would win and Greta brought him to his senses after many bikes came in before me and told him, "Sorry Justus, but Mom's not going to win!" The fastest woman came in at 100:31! Amazing!
3 comments:
I'm so proud of you. I can't even swim across the pool well, so I can't imagine all the energy and determination this took. I'll take some lessons from you on endurance. Awesome!!! - Jen
WOW!!! We were away last week so I'm just now getting caught up on your blog. I am SO IMPRESSED!!! Good for you Kristin...you are inspiring! I need to get my booty moving and try something like that! Love to you...let's run a race together!
I'm so impressed and inspired. Go girl! Now I just need to get myself moving.
Dana
Post a Comment