So, I just had my birthday and I had a great time! Fortunately for you, I didn't get a picture of my breakfast in bed! Yea, I know you really want it, but luckily, they forgot. Ella did video me, but I think I will save that for our personal video collection. In case you are wondering, my family treated me to some eggs, toast, grape juice(ha ha!I think it was left over from communion), coffee, and the new favorite....browned jalapeno cheddar summer sausage! :) It is a new hit!
My birthday fell on a Monday, so Daron and I actually went out to celebrate a couple days before it for dinner. An amazing family from our church actually gave us gift cards to a Seattle restaurant for Christmas AND offered to take ALL five kids overnight! I asked what time she wanted the kids and she said noon! Seriously???Yes! Then, she said to come back the next day to get them around 11 and she would have brunch for us too! Wow, this woman is a saint and I am SO thankful for their generosity. They really treated us to something special. Daron and I had a great time in the city for dinner and I even went in early for a haircut, where they also pampered me with a complimentary foot massage/soak. The next morning it was such a treat to wake up to a quiet house, enjoy our quiet breakfast, and QUIET coffee(are you catching my drift?).The day of my birthday, after my breakfast in bed and kids were off to school, my mom took me to Port Townsend for the day. My dear friend, Johnene, watched the littles, and we were able to get away for the majority of the day. It was blissful! (Now, I know I keep saying that it is wonderful and blissful to be without my kids. I need to let you know that I LOVE having my kids around the majority of the time, but I also enjoy some alone time too-so thank you to those that made it happen!) I love spending time with my mom, so it was wonderful to just take our time, enjoy our lunch, coffee of course, and do a little shopping too!
I am thankful for my family & friends. It was great to hear from so many. I know Facebook is overwhelming and time consuming, but it was fun to get messages from lots of people that are from my past and present, how fun is that?! On the flipside, I guess I am also still old school, as I really appreciated the phone calls I received from family and friends. It was especially cute to hear my nieces and nephews sing to me! Thanks to all that called, messaged, and sent letters. It meant so much to me on my 37th birthday!
| Don't mind my hair, I just took my hat off! |
2 comments:
Glad you were BLESSED on your birthday!
Laurel :)
Sounds like a wonderful birthday! 37 is the new 29. :)
Fabu
Post a Comment