Friday, October 22, 2010

Happy 6th Birthday Fia!!


Can you believe that Fia is already 6? When we got our referral of her, she was only three. I can't believe how fast this has gone already! She is an amazing girl with a serious amount of drive and perseverance. I can't wait to see all that she does with her life. I am so proud of her already and love to see her smile and especially LOVE to hear her laugh! Fia has the best laugh if you haven't heard it before. It's actually got a bit of a snort to it(like her mother)!

Today we woke her up with breakfast in bed. She chose to have Swedish pancakes and loved the attention. The kids then gave her their gifts they bought with their own money and it was so sweet-she loved every minute! Tonight we are having her favorite dinner which is what I made their first full night with us for dinner-just a mixture of rice, chicken, salsa, black beans, and corn. Then they can eat it with a homemade tortilla, cheese, and sour cream! Nothing light, but all I wanted at the beginning was to get some calories in them with many food groups....it worked if you hadn't noticed.
Tomorrow we are having a little birthday party for her with a couple kids from her class and then on Sunday we are having a going away party for some of her friends from Ghana that are moving from WA to Georgia, so it will be party weekend. We can't wait to see a handful of families that have also adopted from our same orphanage in Ghana and reunite the kids. I think we will have people from as far away as California(that happen to be in town), Spokane, and Portland, as well as the Seattle area. We can't wait! If any other 'Ghana Families' happen to be in the area from 2-4pm on Sunday and want to join us, you are MORE than welcome (whether or not you are from AAI).

My dear Fia, I hope you have a wonderful weekend and knows just how much we love YOU. I am so thankful for you and wish you the best birthday! Love you, our little Mefia!

7 comments:

jennyonthespot said...

SO precious... and praying for your endurance this long, full and fabulous weekend :)

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday Fia! What a doll! And LOVE the coat!

Zimmerman family said...

Happy Birthday Fia!! Anni had her birthday today too. You are birthday buddies!

Charmaine said...

She is just beautiful! Happy Birthday! Charmaine

the H family said...

Oh my goodness, she is growing up! We (including my Efia) LOVE the first picture, especially the coat. Happy Birthday, Princess Fia! enjoy your full weekend of festivities.

Kristin said...

Thanks for the bday wishes! She had a great birthday and as many of you commented, enjoyed her new coat. I think it was bought at Nordstrom if anyone is looking...(Courtney!) ;)

Robin Dodd Photography said...

What a gorgeous gift from God this one... I cannot BELIEVE how big she is?? I mean I realize it's been 2 years and some change since I've seen her... She is amazing!