
So...I think our luck has finally turned. Usually when we run into wildlife, something crazy happens like a bear breaking into our minivan or something...
see here if you don't already know this story. This time, we were leaving my parents house and straight ahead of us, was a big black bear! Seriously, I had heard that there were bears in the area, but this one was so much bigger than what I thought would be around our area. I stopped the car and tried to get my camera out and have Justus call my mom to look out her window, but by the time I took a picture, it went into the brush. Then, as I was talking to my mom, she said she could hear it off her porch, so I drove down below their home. As we pulled into another driveway, THERE WAS THE BEAR!! It was just probably 15 yards from us and it looked at us and stood up on its hind legs checking us out. At that moment, I captured a picture and then it turned and went into the brush again. The kids all thought it was super cool. That is, until Justus saw a mouse run in front of the car (he said he had seen at least 4 bears in the wild now and he had never seen a mouse-arghh). Seriously, he was more excited that a field mouse ran back and forth in front of us with its tail up. I thought it was probably scared of the BEAR!

As I said, I think our luck has turned. We saw a bear, and nothing bad happened to us. I definitely feel confidence now before we embark on our road trip this summer! Wish us luck! ;)
5 comments:
These look like pictures from a Disney movie :)
great picture! How nice of him to stand up and pose for you! The flower in the foreground is a great touch too!
I am sure your luck has turned! Seeing a bear has got to equal a double rainbow or really good fortune cookie or something.
We miss you guys!!! Where are you going? When are you coming back?
Stephanie
Ha! Anonymous-you really think I had time to try to get the flower int the foreground???It was definitely a fluke, but thanks for the praise! Who are you, btw?
Steph-We miss you too! We will have to get together when we reture. Everyone would LOVE that!
Very cool and just a little bit scary, at least for someone in bear free country!
Post a Comment