
A VERY happy birthday to my wonderful, beautiful(outside and in), fantastically superb, amazing mom! This first picture of her is when she was a young teenager at their family farm in MN, where my grandpa would make their own ice rink for the girls. Yes, this picture is in the dead of a Minnesota winter where my mom decided to put on her ice skates and pull a Dorothy Hamel! How beautiful is she???The cars not so bad either, huh? ;)
I really have had THE best mom I could ever ask for and now I am realizing, as a mom of 5 myself, just how much more I appreciate all she ever taught me and did for me. She is now a best friend of mine and there has never been a time when I felt she wasn't on my side(even when she didn't agree with all my decisions). 
We have really had a special relationship. I don't ever remember that time that most teens have when they are embarrassed of their mom. I really don't think I ever went through that phase(did I Inger? I have to ask her b/c she has a great memory and mine stinks!) I always loved when she was around and took pride in the fact that my friends thought she was cool too. I don't think I was spoiled (siblings may disagree here), as I fully knew my boundaries and felt I was held accountable to my actions. I just never wanted to disappoint her, and when I did, it hurt. I LOVE my mom and today I wish her the very best birthday. We had fun celebrating with our family over the weekend, but I wasn't able to be with her today, so I definitely want her to know that I strive to be a better mom, wife, and person because of what she has taught me and continues to model for me. Thank you mom and I hope you have had a great birthday and know that not only me, but your son-in-law (right Daron?), your grandkids, and your whole family love you so much and we are blessed to share our l
ives with you. Happy birthday Grandma Bevy!
5 comments:
I hope you wonderful mom has a great birthday. I feel so lucky to have met her while you lived here.
Loved all the pictures....
I love the picture Kristin...please tell your beautiful mom "Happy Birthday" from the Naatus'.
I love the picture Kristin...please tell your beautiful mom "Happy Birthday" from the Naatus'.
Happy Birthday, Bev!!
That top picture is AWESOME!!! The others are lovely, too.
What a great post! Happy Birthday!!!
Post a Comment