This weekend I went stag to Prom!!! It was actually an 80's themed 40th birthday Prom Party. For the 'pre-party', I went over to Seattle and got ready with my brother and sister-in-law ! We had so much fun goofing off and remembering all that the 80's look entailed. You would not believe how heavy my bag was with all my cosmetics, hairspray, curling iron and hairdryer; I just don't use all that now. I quickly remembered my 'techniques' at getting the high bangs and fly-away sides; it was hilarious! I lent out one of my late 80's/early 90's dresses to Ingrid (see above) and it was so fun to see someone wearing it again! This hot pink number has been to quite a few dances at Libertyville High School, as my friends and I always swapped dresses since we had 3 formal dances a year! I was fortunate enough to be outfitted by my friend, Jenny(dress & accessories), who if you haven't read her blog, you have got to-she is hilarious! She is queen of dress-up and twirling on the dance floor, so I knew just who to ask when I needed help! I also got help from my friend, Megan, for accessories; I never could have done it without you ladies-thanks SO much!!!
My brother decided to go as, guess who? Yes, Magnum P.I.! We have similar coloring, so it was funny watching him put eye liner on his eyebrows, add a mustache, a wig, and slap on some furry chest hair. His short shorts were making me giggle every time I looked at him. What was even funnier was watching the babysitters and three of our kids faces as we appeared. Fia thought I looked really pretty and she wants to get a dress like mine sometime! ;) Lola also loved what her mom was wearing and thought she was amazing. My niece, Kaia(6), on the other hand, thought we looked ridiculous! It was funny.
Before we could go to the prom, we needed to stop at Metropolitan Market and get Ingrid's corsage. What made it even funnier that she had to go in dressed like Cindy Lauper, was that Brad works for the company and many employees came out of the woodwork to see them all dressed up! Brad was pretty unrecognizable.
Once we got to the prom, we had so much seeing old friends that I have grown up with but don't see too often. Everyone had so much fun with the theme! My friend, Sonja, actually wore this Laura Ashley number to her prom and she brought a picture to share; it was fantastic!
Ing and I both were 'stag' until her husband showed up and ruined it all! Just kidding, it was so great to see these two again since they have moved away; they were a highlight of the evening for me. Don't you just love Ingrid's glasses?
Carol and her husband, Ted, our good friends from church, were also at the prom. We had fun dancing to the 80's together and I heard them having fun telling people that I was their pastor's wife! :)
Brad, Kirk, and Blake look all dapper, don't they? ;)
Here are the official vote counters for Prom King and Queen......they took it very seriously
Happy 40th Steph!!!What a fun way to celebrate!
7 comments:
What a great way to celebrate 40!! I think I remember seeing you in that hot pink number. But, FOR SURE I remember being in awe of the heights you could take your bangs to back in the day!
OK, that looked SOOOOOOO fun!!!! You really 80's up well Kristin. I can tell you had some serious hair skills back in the day. Did you use Aquanet? ;)
Fabu
I planned on using Aquanet, but didn't get to the store and just used some Pantene (someone left it here and I thought it worked swell). What was funny was that when I woke up, my hair was still perfectly lifted-I had forgotten how strong of a hold that stuff has! :)
Too funny!!! What a great idea for a reunion/party. I think I will laugh all day at your brother's hairy chest. Love the dresses and the hair too...brings back memories! I needed a hearty laugh today...THANKS! Tami
Oh. Girl!!! You looked so RAD! Like, oh my gahsh! So fun that you posted pics!
OH MY GOSH!!! That looks like such unbelievable fun!
That looked like so much fun! I want to copy that idea! And you looked so cute!I was ready for you to just leap off the page and sing girls just wanna have fun! Oh you can come out here and help host one from my fortieth! I know 3 years yet. But it is good to think ahead!love me
Post a Comment