
Tonight our family got to meet another of our cyber Ghana friends(ie: friend who I met through blogging that has also adopted from Ghana). The
D family was traveling through, so we were fortunate to get to meet them for a couple of hours and share dessert together at our place. They arrived in one of those big vans with 6 of their kids. Funny thing was though, they didn't even have half of their kids with them!! (they have 13) I was just SO impressed by this family with how much they trust God and fully give their lives to Him! Lindsey, one of their oldest(20) was just so focused on serving God and living her life in service. To be honest, I was fascinated how parenting would be for a family of 13 kids since I have never had a family even close to that size at our home, but I was thoroughly impressed. This family was awesome!!! We loved having them in our home and kind of hoped that they would miss their ferry (for our sake). Fortunately for them, I think they made it and they are safely on their way home. Thanks for stopping, Laurel, we had such a GOOD time!!!
3 comments:
We had a WONDERFUL time you all of you!
We raced down to the ferry, arriving just in time for the 10:40 ferry. BUT ... there was no 10:40 ferry. Oops! So, we waited for the 11:10 ferry. Arrived home at 1:30 a.m. ... but were so glad we had made the stop by your place on our way home from vacation.
Blessings,
Laurel
It was nice to meet you, Kristen! Thanks for your hospitality and friendship!
Be blessed!
Lindsey
It is so wonderful to see your family so happy and enjoying so many of God's gifts.
Post a Comment