
Our family was reminiscing today while we were having dessert with my Grandma Gwen (unrelated, but thought I would add her name into my post today). The kids were eating some sherbet ice-cream and we were talking about our favorite desserts. Jo Jo's came up. Two of the last three winters we were fortunate to travel to Kauai with my family. There, we found a local hot spot of shave ice. We don't have anything like it here. Some amateur shave ice chompers might compare it to snow cones, but that is just for amateurs. They literally have a huge block of ice that they shave off into yummy perfection. They must have had at least 100 different concoctions you could come up with. My favorite was the rainbow with cream on top. Not whipped cream, just a spoonful of some sort of fatteningly yummy cream that just kind of melts on...........ummmmm. I wish Kauai was a ferry trip away. Instead, we took the ferry over to Seattle today to meet with Grandma for a game of Skipbo, lunch, and sherbet.
4 comments:
I'm thinking it's the same stuff we had at this place in Williamsburg, VA last year. It was the strangest stuff we'd ever had. I forget the name of the place though.
And hi :)
Hey Maureen- it is always nice to get your comments! If it's the same stuff, did you like it?
Also, your family was so grown up in the Christmas card- your kids are all gorgeous!
Drat...your post came too late for us! We saw those Shave Ice joints in Hawaii just days ago and passed them by!!!! Just another excuse to go back...
Bummer Deb, you would have loved it! I have really enjoying looking at your pics, it looks like such a wonderful time and you didn't help my cravings!
Post a Comment