So for those of you that know us well, you know that my family appreciates a good wine! Not necessarily an expensive wine, just a good wine. So, the 9 adults in my family + Elin(5 wks old) all went to Napa for two nights to experience the valley during the harvest season.
Vines were starting to change color and Napa was just beautiful. We toured many different wineries, some large, some small, and ate fabulously. Some of my favorites were Cakebread, Darious, Opus, Twomey, Sterling & AlphaOmega. We went to dinner one night at a place called Martini House; the chef was amazing with his sea scallops, mushroom risotto(okay, I actually didn't like that, but I hate mushrooms), butternut squash soup, and what makes or breaks a restaurant?- the BREAD. We also went to a drive-up hamburger joint called Taylors. This place had amazing blue cheese burgers, chili cheese fries, and milkshakes.
Other highlights, besides the obvious of spending some quality family time, were going running through the vineyards and backroads, stomping grapes like Lucille Ball, stopping at In & Out, staying at the Harvest Inn(chocolate crossaints every morning!), and visiting the Junkers in Sacramento.
4 comments:
I've missed you and your blog posts! Yay, you're back!! Your trip to Napa sounded like so much fun! Love that you went to Opus...such great vino and waaay pricey. When we make it big we'll buy a case and share it ok? Also darling pic of Kristina and her cute man! You guys have been so busy! Talk to you soon,
Love you..
In the words of Hall n Oats... So close, yet so far away... Looks like you had a great time in Napa! FUN! You sort of made squashing grapes look romantic. ;) Talk to you all soon! - Jen
Kristen,
We also love wine. From your list, we have only had Cakebread but I want to go try one of the ones you recommend.
Of the ones you listed, which is the best? We tend to like Chardonnays.
I enjoy your blog! :-)
Jen,
I really liked Cakebread's Chardonnay, but the rest I listed were mostly reds. One we found last year that I loved was Rutherford's Chardonnay. Auberge du Soleil (an amazing restaurant) had it as their house Chardonnay and they are located right below them. It was great and I continue to get it when I can find it.
Post a Comment