Thursday, September 6, 2007

Labor Day Weekend






This weekend we spent up at Cascades Camp in Yelm, WA near Mt. Rainer. It is a Covenant Camp and they hold an annual family camp during this weekend. Three families from our church all went up and we had a blast! We heard some great music, canoed, blobbed, climbed the iceberg, rode horses on an our trail ride, drove the Rubicon(4x4)'s, and also bobbed(that is Daron on the yellow bobber- He was the only one I saw that actually tipped it all the way over- what a stud!). Even though we camped, I have to admit that we got the meal plan, it was great! No cooking and some pretty good meals! Oh, and they received 3 thumbs up for their espresso stand! What is camping without a 16oz. nonfat latte in WA???

2 comments:

The Atkins Family said...

Way to pile on the postings! Fun! This family camp looks great!! All the more reason to move to Washington, right?

Karleen said...

The "yellow bobber" is unofficially called I-Lean at Malibu. Officially they have changed the name to something more politcally correct....Love the pix. Sorry I missed the Mimosa party. :)