Thursday, September 6, 2007

Back to School!



The new school year started yesterday and it has been so much fun for everyone already. The anticipation of who the teachers are going to be and which friends are going to be in their class was probably even more exciting for me. I always remember back-to-school with such great memories. We always got to pick out our school supplies and maybe a new outfit or two and it was so fun! I tried to make it as exciting for our kids, but I seriously think I enjoyed it more. We started out the morning with some eggs and bacon, a good midwestern start to the day! Then after taking the annual pics in front of our door, we were off to school. Unlike other children who were clinging to their parents, I had to remind them to give me a kiss good-bye at the classroom door. After the smooch, I was hightailing it down to my house for the 2nd Annual Back to School Mimosa Party that my friend Suzi and I co-host! Last year we were dropping off our kindergarteners and 1st graders and lamenting them being gone for a whole day. This year the toasts were much more enthusiastic to our cherished schedules we were getting back that we hold near and dear to our hearts. Cheers to the 2007-2008 school year!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I want to attend your next annual Back to School Mimosa party!! That sounds like such a great idea! Love to see the kids in their BTS gear...Justus and his Crocs and backpack...so cute! Also like the new look of your blog...classy! Any news from Ghana? Love you,

Kir