I am sitting in Caribou coffee now, waiting to get a page saying that Daron is in his angiogram procedure. Technology is so amazing now with what they can do. They are going to first do an ultrasound of arteries to test out the blood flow to see if the artery that is 40% blocked with plaque is the cause of his chest pains. Then they are going to put the dye in to do the more common angiogram and hopefully we will get some answers with this. A couple weeks ago, when he had the angiogram, they went through the artery in the groin, and it was a painful recovery that is still actually bothering him(maybe TMI, but this is all medical, so don't read if you don't want to-haha!) This time, they will go from his right wrist, and he will be able to use it fully again with no limitations on Sunday. He will be in a conscious sedation where the nurse said it will be like he drank 3 martinis-he will know what is going on, but won't care! All this makes me a bit nervous, to be honest, because they have to share all the risks- and they are working with his heart!!So, I am going to be very relieved when I see him in a couple of hours. All I can do is pray, trust, and try not to waste any time worrying because I know that will get me nowhere!
After the angiogram, he will have a couple other procedures at the main Mayo building (right now we are at St. Mary's-a sister hospital). There is something about the Mayo building that is so spiritual, so I look forward to the other appts. being there. Most hospitals you go into and it doesn't necessarily feel 'good.' They feel dark, scary, old, stinky, etc...here you walk in and it is just different. It is a gorgeous facility. The ceilings are high, the artwork is beautiful, and the rooms are state of the art....but there is something more, I really sense God there. As we were talking with our wonderful hosts last night, both Daron and the couple also separately said it is something they sensed as well. I think part of it is that most of the people that are there are going through something very serious and prayers are being sent up like crazy every second. The physician was also a Christian, and you can just see it in how many of the staff intertwine talking about the doctors, as well as Our Physician and Our Creator. Of course, they don't speak freely about religion until they find out Daron is a pastor, but you can sense it in them, they are more than just 'Minnesota nice.' Yesterday, in the beautiful atrium, there was either a patient or a family member that looked like he was blind. He was playing the baby grand piano that they have there for people to play on and so many people had stopped to listen and enjoy. It was quiet and no one was moving. He was AMAZING and I got goosebumps. Each time I walked by the piano(which was at least 6 times), someone was playing, and it was so touching. And lastly, I know another reason we feel God's presence here is because so many people have emailed or responded on facebook saying they are praying/thinking about us. We really FEEL those and we are thankful for you.
Still haven't gotten a page that he is in the procedure, but I am guessing it will be soon. I'll update on the procedure either in the comments or with a new blog post here if you are wondering....oh, just got the page at 10;08am :) Pray please.
4 comments:
I need to do another post, but I'm trying to wait til I get all the info. from the doctor in an hour or so. Anyway, the angiogram took longer than expected because they found it isn't actually a 40% blockage, its an abnormality with the artery. I don't think its that serious, but I'm tired of saying one thing and then finding out its something else. So...I'm trying to wait for more answers. Right now is his echocardiogram, but they had to cancel the third appt. since its taking a lot longer than they'd hoped. We will do that on our way back from NH I think.
You are in my prayers today. I had a mild heart attack when I was 38. Please keep us updated so we can pray. God IS an amazing Healer and Provider. I'm sure you know that by now, I just had to say it again. He healed me and protected me, and I will pray that for Daren and your family. Big Hugs!!
Kristin, may I ask what is wrong with Daron/?!!! Sounds scarey, and we will be praying.
Heather (daleske) K
Thanks for your prayers Deborah! And Heather, sorry it took me so long to respond to you! Daron is doing much better. He has a heart abnormality and gosh, I need to update my blog on this!!He is doing great and it is something he will proabably have to have surgery on eventually, but he is on medication and living life to a 100%. We are so thankful!
Post a Comment