Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy 10th Birthday Greta!

Today is Greta's birthday, so we continued on with our tradition of breakfast in bed. She chose to have Hills and Humps and the rest of us were happy she chose that too! :) We were also excited because the 'trick' candle finally worked! I bought them for Ella, but they tricked me and didn't work. Greta had fun with it-she has a great sense of humor, and that is one of the many things we love about her!
I had fun today because I found a couple pictures from Greta's 4th birthday. It is neat to remember back and also see how much she has grown up now! We are so lucky to have her in our lives. I love you Greta!
When Greta was born ten years ago, we lived in Chicago and were waiting (not so patiently) for her to come into this world. She was a week late and after being put on bed rest for many weeks because Justus was so early, I was VERY eager to meet her. The moment she was born, we were in love and she has kept us on our toes ever since!

One thing I admire about Greta, is that she has always been full of life and ready to try anything...it might have something to do with traveling to NH at less than a month for Daron to candidate for a new job and then moving there when she was 2months old. Thanks for being flexible, Greta! :) She has also been so creative and full of joy! Many kids love dolls and such, but one thing that Greta has loved since she was little, was paper! Today, she was thrilled to get a very special birthday present from Grandma and Grandpa J. -a Cuttlebug. It is a paper embosser, so she is busy making lots of cards! Keep an eye out for her creations....
We love you Greta! I hope you have a fantastic double digit year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 10th birthday Greta! Love, Emily

bbqdaisy said...

I LOVE the tradition of breakfast in bed! How sweet and what a wonderful way to start your birthday!
Happy Birthday Greta!
Maria =)

Stephanie said...

Happy happy birthday, Greta! We love you!

-Stephanie, Mat, Penny, Claire, and Simon