sidenote: When I saw Megan this summer, she was wearing a very cool 'sweatshirt' that I envied. It is made by the company Prairie Underground, and after hearing what it retails for, I realized I was out of my league-ha! It was beautiful, organic cotton, made in the USA(what I didn't remember was that it was made in Seattle), and had very unique style.
So, when Kristina and I went into the city for the surprise, I thought it was maybe regarding a vendor of hers, but I couldn't think of who had factories in Seattle, except possibly Eddie Bauer(which is not Hot Mama's style and they probably aren't really local anymore). When we pulled up to the warehouse and I saw 'Prairie Underground' on the door, I was jumping up and down on the inside(because I had to act cool on the outside-ha!) It was so much fun for me to go in there and meet the two founders of the company, see their sketches, the fabrics, the patterns, hear their stories, and see how this all worked-in Seattle, mind you! It is truly made in the USA. I loved it! Then, the owner said to me, that my hoodie was the one over there that she had just steamed!! What??!! MINE??!! I was so touched. Of course it wasn't totally from the company, they sold it wholesale and this was a gift from my dear friends, Megan and Kristina (for the rest of my life I think!), and I LOVE it! I have never seen an operation like that before and as one that enjoys fashion and clothing, it was right up my alley. I even got a sneak peek at the spring line-wow! Thanks Ladies-it was so wonderful!!

ps. you can check out some of Prairie Underground's stuff above by clicking the link and if you want some Prairie Underground for yourself, I have it under good authority that Hot Mama carries it!
2 comments:
Very cool!
CUTE!!!
Post a Comment